2015 400-Mile Bib Short - Integrated 14mm Ceramico™ Pad
Click on the smaller images to view as large.
Click on large image to view close-up.
The 2015 400-Mile Bib Short, just like the 2014 version has the new Patent Pending Integrated 400-Mile Ceramico™ 14 mm Pad.This pad floats and stretches which means it can be used as a race piece in a triathlon. On the bike, the pad stretches with the short and follows your skin as it moves with every pedal stroke, eliminating the friction that can cause irritation or rashes.
This 11-panel bib has a Carrera™ Piqué Abdomen panel to hold in your midsection and to give you bit more breathability in front, just above the pad. The bibs straps comfortably bring the top and sides of the short up higher than other brands thus offering more abdominal support and a more slimming look and feel. It is finished with piping along the bibstraps for added comfort and flexibility on long rides.
In addition to the Ceramico pad, here are some other unique things you will appreciate about the 400-Mile Bibshort:
- SHORTER LEG-LENGTH than other brands: Have you seen the length of the bibs that riders have been wearing in Europe lately especially in the Grand Tours? As opposed to most brands here in the states, which come just above the knees, our 400-Mile Bibshorts are comfortably shorter like those currently used by the pros in the Grand Tours, and they have no gripper elastic, yet stay in place and do not bind the legs.
- THREE POCKETS: You will notice 3 pockets, one on each leg and one in the center low back. If you never use them, you will never know they are there. But you will wonder how you could have lived without them.
- MIDSECTION SUPPORT: Our bibs offer some very nice support around the mid-section, as they come up a bit higher on the sides that most, to cover and tuck in the obliques and abdomen.
Made of Forza Compressor™ (see Fabric Facts), this short stays down and in place on the legs and also features Liquid Mesh™ to keep you cool. It has three pockets (one on each leg and one in back) that fit cell phones, smart phones, fuel packets, and most sunglasses. Curvilinear™ seamlines, contrast flatstitch, and the 400-Mile™ Pad make it the most comfortable bibshort on the market, regardless of price.
Emilio gave these shorts and bibs the "400-Mile" name from product testing consisting of 400 miles over 4 days. His logic was that many shorts feel fine for 100+ mile rides. The real question is how does that saddle feel when you get on the bike the next morning for another 100 miles...and the next morning? This was the inspiration for the design, the pad, and the name.
These also feature a solid black Liftfoil™ center panel for more comfort and durability!
We added the Liftfoil™ panels in the center for a number of reasons:
- To improve the durability. Yes, this fabric is more durable, which is important in an area where rubbing occurs against a saddle and where some people's thighs rub together.
- To keep the modesty panel, well, modest. This fabric is not diaphanous at all (meaning not see-through). Something we all appreciate not involuntarily seeing on others.
- To make this trishort faster in non-wetsuit races. Liftfoil™ is our swimskin fabric. The Liftfoil™ Speed Trisuit is made entirely out of this swimskin fabric. The addition of these panels on the front and back not only makes this trishort faster, but they eliminate any adverse affects when worn with a wetsuit.
400-Mile Ceramico™ Pad Dimensions:
Max Thickness: .55" (14mm)
Min Thickness: .05" (1.25mm)
Total Length: 13.75" (35cm)
Front Max Width: 6.125" (15.5cm)
Waist Width - most narrow point: 5.375" (13.5cm)
Back Max Width: 9.25" (23.5cm)
Small: 9" (22.75cm)
Medium: 9.25" (23.5cm)
Large: 9.5" (24cm)
XLarge: 9.75" (24.75cm)
XXLarge: 10" (25.5cm)
XXL available in Solid Black only.