400-Mile Bib Short with Integrated 14mm Ceramico™ Pad
Click on the smaller images to view as large.
Click on large image to view close-up.
Price / Availability
Our new 2016 model now has Mobius™ Comfort Compression Leg Bands that offer compressive support without any tightness or constriction.FEATURES:
- 13-panel bib short made of Forza Compressor Fabric (see Fabric Facts)
- 3-inch two-piece Mobius™ Comfort leg-bands (read details below)
- Liquid Mesh™ bibs straps to keep you cool.
- Shorter Leg Length than other brands: Have you seen the length of the bibs that riders have been wearing in Europe lately especially in the Grand Tours? As opposed to most brands here in the states, which come just above the knees, our 400-Mile Bibshorts are comfortably shorter like those currently used by the pros in the Grand Tours, and they have no gripper elastic, yet stay in place and do not bind the legs.
- Patent Pending Integrated 400-Mile Ceramico™ 14 mm Pad.This pad floats and stretches which means it can be used as a race piece in a triathlon. On the bike, the pad stretches with the short and follows your skin as it moves with every pedal stroke, eliminating the friction that can cause irritation or rashes.
- Midsection Support – Our bibs come up a bit higher on the sides than other brands, to cover and tuck in the obliques and abdomen. This offers a slimmer appearance and nice support around the mid-section.
- 3 pockets: one one each outer thigh and one center back pocket that fit cell phones, smart phones, fuel packets, and most sunglasses. If you never use them, you will never know they are there. But you will wonder how you could have lived without them.
- Curvilinear™ seamlines, contrast flatstitch, and the 400-Mile™ Pad make it the most comfortable bibshort on the market, regardless of price.
- This environmentally-friendly innovation is completely free of solvents
- Not recommended for repeated use in a chlorinated pool
Emilio gave these shorts and bibs the "400-Mile" name from product testing consisting of 400 miles over 4 days. His logic was that many shorts feel fine for 100+ mile rides. The real question is how does that saddle feel when you get on the bike the next morning for another 100 miles...and the next morning? This was the inspiration for the design, the pad, and the name.
WHAT IS MOBIUS COMFORT COMPRESSION?
A Mobius Strip is a surface with only one side and one boundary. Mobius™ Comfort is our new form-fitting, yet non-binding compressive fabric. The knit we created when blending fibers make repeated mobius loops so that the same surface, stretch, and rebound is on both sides of the fabric and in equal direction. You will notice comfort and support without constriction, opacity without unnecessary weight, and durability from a very smooth surface on both sides. In addition to this bib made entirely of this fabric, you will find Mobius Comfort Leg Bands on all our trishorts, bike shorts, and bib shorts.
400-Mile Ceramico™ Pad Dimensions:
Max Thickness: .55" (14mm)
Min Thickness: .05" (1.25mm)
Total Length: 13.75" (35cm)
Front Max Width: 6.125" (15.5cm)
Waist Width - most narrow point: 5.375" (13.5cm)
Back Max Width: 9.25" (23.5cm)
Small: 8.75" (22.23cm)
Medium: 9.25" (23.5cm)
Large: 9.75" (24.77cm)
XLarge: 10.25" (26.04cm)
XXLarge: 10.75" (27.31cm)
XXL available in Solid Black only.