Transition Pack V8*
COVID-related disruptions in the global supply chain and freight transport are affecting us in the few products we do not make in the USA. This product is among those few. These are slated to arrive in February, 2022.
Welcome to the modern era of a product category we innovated a quarter-century ago. We use the highest tech pack material ever used in a triathlon bag. We offer many features and compartments that are beneficial to the most organized person; but we also understand that sometimes you just want to pack it all up quickly and get home. This is why we offer the large main interior compartment that overtakes the entire space of all other compartments. Throw it all in, zip it up and go home!
- 45 denier polyester with TPU (Thermoplastic PolyUrethane) laminate makes this pack highly water-resistant and very durable
- TPU finish gives a high gloss patent leather appearance
- Bottom entry wetsuit compartment has heat sealed seams making it waterproof
- Inverted nylon zippers create a streamline appearance and ensure smoother operation
- Zipper pulls made of round nylon mountaineering cord for durability
- Ergonomic shoulder straps made out of high-density foam for improved comfort when the pack is full
- Vertical daisy chain the on outside to attach straps for carrying additional items like a floor pump, towel, yoga mattress, shoes, fleece or down jacket.
- 2 D-ring straps included
- Breathable foam padding against back offers comfort and insulation to hydration bladder pocket (bladder not included).
Favorite Features Remain:
- Exterior helmet holder, with quick open for removal
- Large top-loading main compartment overtakes the entire space of all other compartments if you want a duffel-style pack for optimal space.
- Vertical Mid-Belly™ zipper for easy access to items at the bottom of the pack
- Long transition rack strap to hang the pack
- Light-color interior for easy viewing of what is inside and to eliminate the "Black Hole" effect. Red has a red interior, White has a white interior, Royal has an orange interior. All have black wetsuit compartment.
- Interior case made of soft-plush fabric for sunglasses or swim goggles
- Inside pocket against the back holds a hydration bladder (not included)
- Exterior pop-out pocket holds 32 ounces (1-liter) drink bottle
- Mesh water bottle holder fits a liter-size bottle
- Waist strap with a durable nylon buckle makes carrying the pack more comfortable
- Large exterior zippered mesh pocket
- Don't lose your keys again! - Interior key ring loop inside the large exterior mesh pocket
- TSA approved size for check-in luggage (simply pull out the helmet prior to placing in overhead storage).
The pack has a volume of 4000 cubic inches (65-liter) including the expanding helmet holder. Height=22 inches, Average Depth=13 inches, Width=14 inches
NOTE: We recommend not exposing any pack or product made of TPU to extreme temperatures above 120ºF (49ºC) or below 32ºF (0ºC), due to the possibility of the urethane melting, or freezing and becoming brittle respectively.
This item is one product, which comprises less than 2% of our total products that are not made in the USA.
PROD ID: TP8
We Also Recommend
In addition to caring everything that I need for a race, I was quite surprised and please at the number of compliments I receive from women inside the airport and flight attendants, while easily stored it in my overhead compartment. Another much appreciated innovation. VR, Steve
Super High Quality
After having been through several bags, very impressed with the design and material quality of this one. Little things like high quality zippers and fabrics make a huge difference. This one is top notch in both. The design strikes the right combination between having enough pockets, pouches, for good organization without being "too cute." One problem I've had with bags is them being too "floppy" for my staste, but the stiffer fabric on this one gives a nice free-standing structure to the bag, which makes it easier to find things, etc. Highly recommended overall.
Tri transition bsg
Desoto always always has the best quality I have other bike wear items and the quality is the best. That’s why I this bag was top of my list and it does not fall short of my expectations. I would’ve liked a zipper to open the entire front so I could lay the bag down in my transition area and access everything more completely and easily
Transition Pack V8 - Best in Class
This is a great thought out product for triathletes and honestly for anybody out there enjoying biking, running, hiking and/or need to carry a wetsuit and a variety of stuff for the outdoor activity. You can even fit an aero helmet (or any bike helmet), tire pump, wetsuit (special compartment!), towel, hiking or running shoes, should I keep going? Customer service was phenomenal too, they were able to get me the color I was looking for.
...and the kitchen sink
This bag provides everything you need. I’m a creature of habit and have been using the same bag for about 5 years. It took some effort on my part to swap over however I’m very glad I did. Maybe the best part about this bag is the pump strap that holds your pump. Those things are so clunky to carry and this bag takes care of it!