This is the bib you want with the original 400-Mile™ pad that has made this our single best-seller.
Emilio gave these bicycling shorts and bibs the "400-Mile" name from product testing consisting of 400 miles over 4 days. His logic was that many shorts feel fine for 100+ mile rides. The real question is how does that saddle feel when you get on the bike the next morning for another 100 miles...and the next morning? This was the inspiration for the design, the pad, and the name.
Sizing: Please refer to the size chart button above for sizing guidance.
Fit Type: Compressive
Fit Note - Customer feedback suggests ordering one size down from your DeSoto Trisuit size. The 400-Mile™ Cycling Bib Short is not as compressive as our Forza Trisuit. If in doubt email us at email@example.com
Favorite Features Remain:
We sewed the 14mm 400-Mile Pad™ Pad into the short, versus on top of the short. This allows the pad to stretch more, and float; which means it can be used as a race piece in a triathlon. On the bike, the pad stretches with the short and follows your skin as it moves with every pedal stroke, eliminating the friction that can cause irritation or rashes.
- Seamless inner thigh eliminates friction against the saddle and thighs
- 13-panel bib short made of Forza Compressor fabric ensures a perfect fit, and targeted muscle support
- 3-inch Mobius™ Comfort Compression leg bands keep shorts in place without excess squeezing (no elastic!)
- Liquid Mesh™ bibs straps keep you cool
- Midsection Support – Our bibs come up a bit higher on the sides than other brands, to cover and tuck in obliques and abdomen. This provides a slimmer appearance and nice support around the mid-section.
- 3 pockets: one on each outer thigh and one center back pocket that fit cell phones, smart phones, fuel packets, and most sunglasses
- Curvilinear™ seamlines and contrast flatstitch highlight panel construction, create an attractive appearance and are extremely durable
- Environmentally-friendly and completely free of solvents
- Not recommended for repeated use in a chlorinated pool
- Made in USA
WHAT ARE THE DIFFERENCES BETWEEN THE 400-MILE BIB SHORT AND THE MOBIUS CYCLING BIB?
The 400-Mile Cycling Bib is made of Forza Compressor Fabric with Liftfoil3 center panels - this fabric offers a nice snug compression for the ultimate benefits of muscle support, in delay of onset of fatigue and accelerated recovery.
The Mobius Cycling Bib is made of Mobius Comfort Compression Fabric throughout - this fabric is a little more stretchy, but it still offers some support and compression benefits.
- The 400-Mile Pad on both of the above is 14mm thick
- Both Bibshorts have the same pockets in 3 locations
- Both Bibshorts have same 3-inch leg bands made of Mobius Comfort Compression which eliminates the “sausage leg" squeeze found in other brands.
Note - Shorter Leg Length than other brands: Have you seen the length of the shorts that riders have been wearing in Europe lately, especially in the Grand Tours? As opposed to most brands here in the states, which come just above the knees, our 400-Mile Shorts are comfortably shorter. Our inseam is similar to those currently used by the pros in the Grand Tours. They have no gripper elastic, yet stay in place and do not bind or squeeze the legs.
- Small: 8.75" (22.23cm)
- Medium: 9.25" (23.5cm)
- Large: 9.75" (24.77cm)
- XLarge: 10.25" (26.04cm)
- XXLarge: 10.75" (27.31cm)
- 2XL available in Solid Black only
PRODUCT CODE: BB3