LIFTFOIL3™ SWIM SKIN TOP - SALE
Please Note - EXCHANGES ACCEPTED, BUT NO REFUNDS. These are discontinued models at discounted prices, therefore we will accept exchanges within 3 days of receiving it, for a different sizes or model, based on availability. We permit this if you have only tried the product on for fit, and have not exercised in it.
This technical swim skin top is designed to help you swim faster in waters that are too warm for wetsuits.
Sizing: Please refer to the size chart button above for sizing guidance.
Fit Type: Compressive
Fit Note: Please do not assume your size, please use our size chart. If in doubt, email questions to firstname.lastname@example.org. Liftfoil3 may take some time to get into it as it is meant to be tight, especially when dry. It may loosen up a bit in the water so it is better for it to a bit too snug than a little loose. Our products never shrink. It will feel the tightest the first time you put it on.
Features and Benefits:
- Composed of highly technical, hydrophobic Liftfoil3™ compressive fabric. This fabric is proprietary, and engineered by Emilio De Soto. You will not find it anywhere else on the market.
- Sleek Micro-lock™ stitch offers less drag and is faster than any type of flatlock seam. This type of stitch typically outlasts any sort of bonding. If there is ever a need for repair, we do it for free as long as you own your Liftfoil3.
- High neckline, T-back, and deep cut arm holes combined with Curvilinear™ seam lines allow maximum reach and rotation with minimum drag.
- YKK® front zip for easy on-the-go ventilation
- Two Waterlid™ side pockets provide zero drag in non-wetsuit legal swims while allowing you to store racing/training essentials on the bike and run
- Step-in design: Just zip down and step into it as you would a trisuit
- Wear it to swim, bike and run! Keep it zipped up during the swim to minimize water scooping into it, during the bike to minimize drag from the air, and then zip down during the run.
- Be sure to test the Liftfoil3 in training prior to racing
- This garment is not designed for repeated use as a swimsuit in a chlorinated pool
- USAT, ITU, and WTC legal
- Made in USA
What makes our different?
- Be weary of brands that use any types of teflon or waterproof coatings as these are just chemicals that are applied to finished fabrics. They wear out after a few uses. They have also yet to be proven by any reliable independent source to be perfectly safe against human skin for prolonged periods of time.
- We don't do bonding, we sew seams! What most people do not know is that ‘bonding' is a fancy term for ‘glueing’ and no glue is permanent. Eventually the seams dry, crack, and split open, especially in chlorinated or salt water, without a good repair solution.
Read this nice TIP FROM EMILIO: STEP THIS WAY! (AN EASY WAY TO PUT ON & REMOVE A TRI TOP)
This swim-specific top has no rubberized material, no polyurethane, and no neoprene. It abides to WTC's recent ruling on swimskins, speedskins, swim apparel...whatever WTC wants to call it. It also abides to USAT requirements for swim tops, and is legal for use in ITU races if you are competing as an age-grouper.
Our tests have shown varied improvements of swim times depending on the individual, over wearing a conventional tri top during the swim. Of course, as with all our products, we offer a 100% satisfaction guarantee. Test it for yourself. If you do not find it performs to your expectations, you may return it for a complete refund.
PRODUCT CODE: LFT
We Also Recommend
I bought the swim skin for an upcoming tri that does not allow wet suits. I have been training in it for three weeks. Not as fast in the water as with a wet suit, but a few swims have been faster than without a top at all. Fits very snug, especially the first time. Looks great with my De Soto tri shorts.
This is a brilliant top for sprint and olympic distance races that are not wetsuit legal. Pair this with the Rviera Fli Bib Shorts and you have the perfect Liftfoil 3 material combo where you get all the benefits of a swim skin without having to take anything off in T1. The fabric is compressive without being restrictive and feels great around the torso both in and out of the water. When I first tried it on I liked the feel but was unsure of how often I would use this as a race top. One training swim/run in it and I was sold! This will be my new go to top for anything shorter than 70.3. If you already use Desoto tri bottoms with Liftfoil 3 material this is a great alternative to purchasing a full swim skin.
Love the top! Different feel from a one piece skin. Not as restrictive, binding. Allows for better freedom of movement, yet still compressive. Combined with De Soto Sport Forza shorts that have the lift-foil panels, the top makes for a great race kit. As long as De Soto Sport makes this top I'll never go back to a one piece skin!
This garment is tight fitting (obviously for swimming), but it doesn't feel restrictive or tight like some compression shirts feel. I feel completely at ease wearing this and thoroughly recommend it. It doesn't cause any drag and is just the right cut to ensure there are no areas that bunch up. Price is right for a garment like this. I purchased online following the size guide on the website. Fits true to size. I am always a little taller than my fit all brands, but there is ample cloth to ensure it is long enough (but not excessive) in the body for me, which I really like.
I bought this top purely to use in non-wetsuit races and have absolutely loved it! The compressive fit is perfect on the swim and I was surprised to see an improvement in my 100-yd pace not just over a normal tri-top but also over swimming topless. Not only is it supremely functional for the swim, but the top performs well all race long! The pockets are easy to access and use on course and the material is surprisingly cool! I expected the top to be a little hot since it was black but it actually has a noticeable cooling effect and will not overheat you. The zipper in front works well and the top stays slick and tight during the bike. On the run, a quick tug opens up for perfect running comfort. I really enjoy this top on short course racing and am considering wearing it instead of a "normal" tri-top at half-iron distance. If you're racing non-wetsuit, this top is a must!
MEN'S SIZING INFORMATION IMPERIAL/METRIC
|X-Small||< 5'6" in / <168 cm||135 lbs / 61 kg||22”-24” in / 56-61 cm||< 37” in / < 94 cm|
|Small||5’6”-5’8” in / 168-173 cm||145 lbs / 66 kg||24”-27” in / 61-69 cm||37”-39” in / 94-99 cm||< 34" in / < 86 cm|
|Medium||5'9" in / 175-180 cm||165 lbs / 75 kg||27”-32” in / 69-81 cm||39”-42” in / 99-107 cm||34"-38" in / 86-96 cm|
|Large||6'0" in / 183-188 cm||195 lbs / 88 kg||32”-35” in / 81-89 cm||42”-45” in / 107-114 cm||38"-42" in / 96-106 cm|
|X-Large||6'2" in / 191-196 cm||215 lbs / 98 kg||35”-41” in / 89-104 cm||45”-48” in / 114-122 cm||42"-47" in / 106-119 cm|
|XX-Large||6'5" in / 197 cm+||235 lbs / 107 kg||42” in + / 105 cm +||49” in + / 123 cm +||48" in + / 121 cm +|
The size chart above should serve as a general guide. If you would like assistance in determining the proper size, please send the following information to email@example.com.