RIVIERA TRI SHORT*
2 "swimmable" pockets make the Riviera the "must-have" tri short for non-wetsuit legal swims.
Sizing: Please refer to the size chart button above for sizing guidance.
Fit Type: Compressive
Fit Note – Triathlon apparel is meant to fit next-to-skin. This is to eliminate potential chafing, and unnecessary drag during the swim, bike and run. If you’re not comfortable with this type of fit and or are between sizes, we recommend sizing up. Garment will relax slightly once wet.
Features & Benefits:
- 7mm Clasico Integrated Pad has 4-way stretch, is soft next-to-skin, has no seams to eliminate chafing, and offers antimicrobial properties.
- Seamless inner thigh eliminates friction
- 3-inch Mobius™ Comfort Compression Leg Band offers equally graduated compression around the legs, you get the same support with no tightness and squeezing.
- Two "swimmable" Pockets - one on side of each leg. These pockets create no additional drag when without a wetsuit, and provide storage solutions for the bike and run.
- Forza™ Compressor leg panels help reduce delayed onset muscle fatigue
- Liftfoil3™ center panels improve durability and make swimming without a wetsuit faster!
- Mid-rise waist band with an adjustable drawstring.
- This environmentally-friendly innovation is completely free of solvents.
- Not recommended for repeated use in a chlorinated pool.
- Made in USA.
- Small: 9" (23cm)
- Medium: 9.5" (24cm)
- Large: 10" (25cm)
- XLarge: 10.5" (26.5cm)
- Small: 15" (38cm)
- Medium: 16" (40.5cm)
- Large: 17" (43cm)
- Large: 18" (45.5cm)
Front Rise (measurement from center pad up to the top of the waistband):
- Small: 9"
- Medium: 9.5"
- Large: 10"
- XLarge: 10.5"
Rear Rise (measurement from center pad up to the backside of the waistband):
- Small: 11.5"
- Medium: 12"
- Large: 12.5"
- XLarge: 13"
Q & A
What are the differences between Forza Tri Shorts and Riviera Tri Short?
- Forza has 4 mm Intergrated pad; Riviera has 7 mm Integrated pad
- Riviera has longer inseam; Forza has shorter (please see product pages for lengths by size)
- Forza comes with either 4-pockets or no pockets; Riviera has 2 pockets
What are the similarities between Forza Tri Shorts and Riviera Tri Short?
- Both have compression fabric with 3 inch Mobius Comfort Compression™ Leg Bands
- Both match any of our Skin Cooler™ tops
- Both have a long drawcord combined with a comfortable elastic waist
PRODUCT CODE: RTS3
Comfy and well padded but...
Overall I like the product but it doesn't come up very high around the waist. I find myself when I the aero position on the bike my butt crack is hanging out. When paired with the shirt, there is about a a 3 inch gap between the shirt and short when I'm in the aero position. Even on the run the two like to separate. According to the size chart and the rep I spoke too I have the right size. The garments are just too short.
De Soto Sport
Hi David, You can find inseam and outseam measurements along with the front and rear rises for all of our shorts, on the product page, by each size. This information is provided so you can see where the short will land, and if it is within your preference and comfort before buying. The Riviera is one of our lower-rise shorts and may not be suited for tall athletes or those with long torsos for their height.
Great Tri short
Hands down perfect Tri shorts
Performed as expected. Recommend.
Bought this brand as a relative uses it. Bought this pattern because many of the rest are…boring. Had a concern early on. Emailed company. One of the owners called my cell phone within minutes. Advised how to solve problem and - boom - worked like a charm. Wore the kit for my first tri. Very solid. Highly recommend.
Riviera Tri Short
These shorts are very comfortable, well made, and they look great!
RIVIERA TRI SHORT*
Have not used them yet; planning to this Sunday. I did try them on and they feel very tight. They are a large and I am a 36 waist. I'm hoping they will loosen with wear.
De Soto Sport
Hi Tim, Please remember it is more critical to wear triathlon-specific garments very snug because you are usually racing in them when they are wet, either from the swim, or from sweat. They stretch more when wet, so consider trying them on WET. Soak them in water first, ring them out a little bit and try them on. Also: 1. The tightest our products ever feel is the first time you put them on. 2. They do loosen up a bit with a number of wearings and washings, and they never shrink. 3. You want our product to be snug and it is better to be too snug than too loose. 4. Garments that are worn snug will stay against the skin and not rub you. 5. Chafing and rashing is typically caused by garments that are worn too loose as the fabric will rub against the skin.