SKIN COOLER LONG SLEEVE TOP*
The Skin Cooler Longsleeve is a full sleeve triathlon top; skin-tight, and zipperless. It's created with our Skin Cooler 90 fabric and features 3 vertical pockets to keep you cool and comfortable while protecting you from harmful UV rays. It's a MUST-HAVE top for any warm-to-hot weather activity.
Sizing: Please refer to the size chart button above for sizing guidance.
Fit Type: Form fitting
Fit Note: Please do not assume your size, please use our size chart. If in doubt, email questions to firstname.lastname@example.org. Triathlon apparel is meant to fit next-to-skin. This is to eliminate potential chafing, and unnecessary drag during the swim, bike and run. If you’re not comfortable with this type of fit and or are between sizes, we recommend sizing up. Garment will fit the most snug the first time you put it on, it will relax slightly once wet.
You asked, we answered and we are currently producing 2XL in LSSC, available early-May.
Favorite Features Remain:
- Skin Cooler 90™ stretch fabric blocks 90% UVB rays while creating a cooling sensation that actually keeps you cooler
- Cooling technology is embedded in the fabric and will NOT wash out, contrast difference to many other "like" products on the market
- Our longest length top for those with long torsos or in need of more coverage
- Long sleeves for cooling and sun-protection on the arms
- Three vertical pockets for nutrition gels, ice, or cold sponges commonly available at aid stations in triathlons and long endurance races. Pockets line up along your spine and are designed to help your cool your body.
- You might be use to only using the lower pocket of your current jersey, but you will quickly find the upper pocket to be great for carrying sunglasses, a cell phone or your mp3 player
- The center pocket may require the help of the aid station or a bit more flexibility on the part of the wearer
- The pockets are not designed to carry excessive weight such as water bottles, gel flasks, or any comparable weight
- This is not a compression garment, yet it is supposed to fit snug, for aerodynamic purposes. Though it is designed to be worn alone and performs best that way, you can wear it over or under any triathlon top, tri suit, cycling jersey, golf shirt, or tennis shirt, and you will actually be cooler!
- Offset seams eliminate the potential to chafe
- This garment is not designed for repeated use in a chlorinated pool
- Made in the USA
- We are often imitated. Remember just because it is white, it does not mean the fabric will cool you. READ ON!
Read this nice TIP FROM EMILIO: HOW TO QUICKLY PUT ON A SKIN COOLER LONGSLEEVE TOP! (AN EASY WAY TO PUT ON & REMOVE A TRI TOP)
What makes ours different? Our Skin Cooler fiber is designed to feel and perform like silk (from a silkworm). Through Biomimicry, we took the virtues of this natural fiber and created a synthetic silk. It will keep you cool in hot weather and cooler when it is wet. Put it on and you will instantly feel the cool sensation. Wet it and you will notice a drop in the surface temperature of the skin between 7 and 10 degrees.
A MEDICAL TESTIM0NIAL: We received this letter from Dermatologist and Mohs Surgeon Dr. Michael Bax.*
I am an avid runner and triathlete and I recently discovered your Skin Cooler products, of which I'm a huge fan. I have been wearing them for a few months now and couldn't be happier. I am a dermatologist and Mohs surgeon at Roswell Park Cancer Institute in Buffalo, NY. Every patient I see is plagued by basal cell carcinoma, squamous cell carcinoma, or melanoma. I recommend your products to my active patients on a daily basis. It allows them to continue their active lifestyle while protecting themselves from the sun. I find your product to be far superior to all other cooling and sun protective lines. I truly appreciate your efforts and innovations.
Michael Bax, MD
Roswell Park Cancer Institute
Scott Bieler Clinical Science Center
Buffalo, New York
***Dr. Bax has no financial investment in De Soto Sport and was not solicited nor compensated in any way for his letter.
Note: No garment should ever be a substitute so we always recommend you wear sunscreen underneath these, and all, products. It is crucial to keep in mind that a sunscreen's (whichever brand you may choose) SPF/UPF rating refers only to its ability to protect skin from UVB radiation. Because we know that UVA damage can be just as insidious, it is essential for the health of your skin that you use a sunscreen that contains the UVA-protecting ingredients of titanium dioxide or zinc oxide.
PRODUCT CODE: LSSC
We Also Recommend
What a great shirt. This small package arrived one afternoon and in the evening I was pulling it on for a run. It felt great, but it took another run in the late evening sun a couple days later for me to really feel how this shirt and the fabric work. In a sub-tropical climate where I can run and feel comfortable during and after and connect that feeling to a shirt is great. The long sleeves are a bonus for anyone looking to help protect their skin too.
My favorite new running shirt!
I have found that after many decades of sun exposure my forearms have been getting more sensitive to long rides(I am 57). With temperatures rising I contacted Emilio about his Skin Cooler Long Sleeve Top. He got me sized properly, answered all my questions and got me a top in a timely manner so that I was able to ride and run comfortably in 35-40 degrees Celsius. An added benefit was that once I started to sweat, I felt the cooling effect. This product has been a game changer for me as I love doing 5-7 hour rides, and 2 hour runs, but also want to be protected. Great product, great service, great company. I also love my T1 wetsuit.
Run in West Houston and humidity is 80% plus at times so I thought I would try the long sleeve shirt to see if it really cooled. Used this for a one and a half hour run. First of the run I noticed I wasn’t sweating as much so throughout the run I didn’t really notice any difference but that is the thing because at the end when I took the shirt off I was amazed at how much water it did retained and how much cooler I felt. No doubt not and air conditioning experience on the run but something else not to worry about. Also like the idea of it covering my arms for UV protection. The back three pockets are great for sponges or ice so you can pull out during the run. I will probably buy another so I can rotate this out. I highly recommend without any reservations as training for first full IRONMAN in October. Run well and run free :-)
Skin Cooler tops are my favorite jerseys now! It really does keep you much cooler, especially when wet. Great tight fit to makes for great aero on the bike. Highly Recommend!
MEN'S SIZING INFORMATION IMPERIAL/METRIC
|X-Small||< 5'6" in / <168 cm||135 lbs / 61 kg||22”-24” in / 56-61 cm||< 37” in / < 94 cm|
|Small||5’6”-5’8” in / 168-173 cm||145 lbs / 66 kg||24”-27” in / 61-69 cm||37”-39” in / 94-99 cm||< 34" in / < 86 cm|
|Medium||5'9" in / 175-180 cm||165 lbs / 75 kg||27”-32” in / 69-81 cm||39”-42” in / 99-107 cm||34"-38" in / 86-96 cm|
|Large||6'0" in / 183-188 cm||195 lbs / 88 kg||32”-35” in / 81-89 cm||42”-45” in / 107-114 cm||38"-42" in / 96-106 cm|
|X-Large||6'2" in / 191-196 cm||215 lbs / 98 kg||35”-41” in / 89-104 cm||45”-48” in / 114-122 cm||42"-47" in / 106-119 cm|
|XX-Large||6'5" in / 197 cm+||235 lbs / 107 kg||42” in + / 105 cm +||49” in + / 123 cm +||48" in + / 121 cm +|
The size chart above should serve as a general guide. If you would like assistance in determining the proper size, please send the following information to email@example.com.