WOMEN'S SKIN COOLER LONG SLEEVE TOP*
Ladies, we built this top to fit like a second skin while providing protection from harmful UV rays, and a cooling sensation when wet. 2 vertical pockets along the spine hold lightweight essentials (gu, id, cc, key) or sponges/ice from aid stations to provide additional cooling.
Sizing: Please refer to the size chart button above for sizing guidance.
Fit Type: Form-fitted
Fit Note: Please do not assume your size is the same as previous years, please use our size chart and if in doubt, email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org. Triathlon apparel is meant to fit next-to-skin. This is to eliminate potential chafing, and unnecessary drag during the swim, bike and run. If you’re not comfortable with this type of fit and or are between sizes, we recommend sizing up. Garment will fit the most snug the first time you put it on, it will relax slightly once wet.
Features and Benefits:
- Skin Cooler 90™ stretch fabric blocks 90% UVB rays while creating a cooling sensation that actually keeps you cooler.
- Cooling technology is embedded in the fabric and will NOT wash out, contrast difference to many other "like" products on the market.
- Two vertical pockets for nutrition gels, ice, or cold sponges commonly available at aid stations in triathlons and long endurance races.
- Pockets line up along your spine and are designed to help cool your body.
- The pockets are not designed to carry excessive weight such as water bottles, gel flasks, or any comparable weight.
- Offset seams eliminate the potential to chafe.
- This is not a compression garment, yet it is supposed to fit snug, for aerodynamic purposes. Though it is designed to be worn alone and performs best that way, you can wear it over or under any triathlon top, tri suit, cycling jersey, golf shirt, or tennis shirt, and you will actually be cooler!
- Reflective logos for increased low-light visibility
- The top can double as a warm weather base layer. Please note that the cooling feature will not work as well as intended when layered.
- Designed and created by women.
- This garment is not designed for repeated use in a chlorinated pool.
- Made in the USA
- Size XL and 2X-Large qualifies for our Biggest Winner promotion. Buy this item at full price and if you need to size down within 2 years we’ll give you a 50% discount on a smaller size. Read more here - Biggest Winner
Read this nice TIP FROM EMILIO: HOW TO QUICKLY PUT ON A SKIN COOLER LONGSLEEVE TOP! (AN EASY WAY TO PUT ON & REMOVE A TRI TOP)
What makes ours different? Our Skin Cooler fiber is designed to feel and perform like silk (from a silkworm). Through Biomimicry, we took the virtues of this natural fiber and created a synthetic silk. It will keep you cool in hot weather and cooler when it is wet. Put it on and you will instantly feel the cool sensation. Wet it and you will notice a drop in the surface temperature of the skin between 7 and 10 degrees.
A MEDICAL TESTIM0NIAL: We received this letter from Dermatologist and Mohs Surgeon Dr. Michael Bax.*
I am an avid runner and triathlete and I recently discovered your Skin Cooler products, of which I'm a huge fan. I have been wearing them for a few months now and couldn't be happier. I am a dermatologist and Mohs surgeon at Roswell Park Cancer Institute in Buffalo, NY. Every patient I see is plagued by basal cell carcinoma, squamous cell carcinoma, or melanoma. I recommend your products to my active patients on a daily basis. It allows them to continue their active lifestyle while protecting themselves from the sun. I find your product to be far superior to all other cooling and sun protective lines. I truly appreciate your efforts and innovations.
Michael Bax, MD
Roswell Park Cancer Institute
Scott Bieler Clinical Science Center
Buffalo, New York
***Dr. Bax has no financial investment in De Soto Sport and was not solicited nor compensated in any way for his letter.
Note: No garment should ever be a substitute so we always recommend you wear sunscreen underneath these, and all, products. It is crucial to keep in mind that a sunscreen's (whichever brand you may choose) SPF/UPF rating refers only to its ability to protect skin from UVB radiation. Because we know that UVA damage can be just as insidious, it is essential for the health of your skin that you use a sunscreen that contains the UVA-protecting ingredients of titanium dioxide or zinc oxide.PRODUCT CODE: WLSSC
We Also Recommend
i love the shirt for its cooling effect and i wear it on my ultra running adventures, 50k's, 50 miles and beyond during hot weather. i had to buy xtra large even though i am a small person. extra large is snug everywhere but the sleeves which were huge and i had to have it altered for $28. the shirt was worth it to me to pay for the alteration but i wish it would have fitted right initially.
Brought these gems to the Caribbean after using them quite a bit the precious 2 years for sunny excursions and long runs in Austin. I was so happy to have the added protection and miraculously did not burn anywhere that I wore the shirt. I did use a layer of zinc sunscreen underneath, but I did not reapply. The shirt stayed on for 12 hours and I didn’t get that gross sweaty smell I usually notice when I’m wearing pretty much anything else in the heat. This is my favorite shirt for summer, and even though it’s not advertised as such can be used pretty effectively as a rash guard for ocean activities.
This is the most comfortable tri top I have worn. After 17 years in triathlon, that says a lot! Love the jungle print and the fit. My friend loved it so much on me, she bought the same kit! You can always count on DeSoto quality and customer service! Love it!
Very happy with this top, it's a little cold for silly weather, but otherwise great. The shirt fit as expected according to the sizing chart.
I purchased 3, one white and two with adorable patterns. I wear them for golf because I cannot have my arms exposed to Sun. They do keep me cool and the fit is fantastic. I’ve received many compliments and most importantly they perform as promised. DeSoto is a quality company I am glad I found them.
WOMEN'S SIZING INFORMATION IMPERIAL / METRIC
|X-Small||31"- 33"in / <79 - 84 cm||22"- 24" in / 56 - 61 cm||30”- 33” in / 76 - 84 cm|
|Small||34"- 36" in / 86 - 91 cm||25"- 27" in / 65 - 69 cm||34”- 35” in / 86 - 89 cm|
|Medium||37"-39" in / 94 - 99 cm||28"-30" in / 70 - 77 cm||36”- 38” in / 91 - 97 cm|
|Large||40"- 42" in / 101 - 107 cm||31"- 33" in / 79 - 84 cm||39”- 41” in / 99 - 104 cm|
|X-Large||42"- 44" in / 107 - 112 cm||34"-36" in / 86 - 91 cm||42”- 44” in / 107 - 112 cm|
|XX-Large||44"+ in / 112 cm +||36"- 38" in / 92 - 97 cm||44”- 46" in / 112 - 117 cm|
The size chart above should serve as a general guide. If you would like assistance in determining the proper size, please send the following information to email@example.com.