Riviera Tri Short*
Hydrodynamic Waterlid™ pockets makes the Riviera the "must-have" tri short for non-wetsuit legal swims.
Sizing: Please refer to the size chart button above for sizing guidance.
Fit Type: Compressive
Fit Note – Triathlon apparel is meant to fit next-to-skin. This is to eliminate potential chafing, and unnecessary drag during the swim, bike and run. If you’re not comfortable with this type of fit and or are between sizes, we recommend sizing up. Garment will relax slightly once wet.
Features & Benefits:
- 7mm Clasico Integrated Pad has 4-way stretch, is soft next-to-skin, has no seams to eliminate chafing, and offers antimicrobial properties.
- Seamless inner thigh eliminates friction
- 3-inch Mobius™ Comfort Compression Leg Band offers equally graduated compression around the legs, you get the same support with no tightness and squeezing.
- Two Waterlid™ Pockets - one on side of each leg. These pockets are hydrodynamic when swimming without a wetsuit and provide storage solutions for the bike and run.
- Forza™ Compressor leg panels help reduce delayed onset muscle fatigue
- Liftfoil3™ center panels improve durability and make swimming without a wetsuit faster!
- Mid-rise waist band with an adjustable drawstring.
- This environmentally-friendly innovation is completely free of solvents.
- Not recommended for repeated use in a chlorinated pool.
- Made in USA.
- Small: 9" (23cm)
- Medium: 9.5" (24cm)
- Large: 10" (25cm)
- XLarge: 10.5" (26.5cm)
- Small: 15" (38cm)
- Medium: 16" (40.5cm)
- Large: 17" (43cm)
- Large: 18" (45.5cm)
Front Rise (measurement from center pad up to the top of the waistband):
- Small: 9"
- Medium: 9.5"
- Large: 10"
- XLarge: 10.5"
Rear Rise (measurement from center pad up to the backside of the waistband):
- Small: 11.5"
- Medium: 12"
- Large: 12.5"
- XLarge: 13"
Q & A
What are the differences between Forza Tri Shorts and Riviera Tri Short?
- Forza has 4 mm Intergrated pad; Riviera has 7 mm Integrated pad
- Riviera has longer inseam; Forza has shorter (please see product pages for lengths by size)
- Forza comes with either 4-pockets or no pockets; Riviera has 2 Waterlid™ pockets which makes them ideal for non-wetsuit legal swims
What are the similarities between Forza Tri Shorts and Riviera Tri Short?
- Both have compression fabric with 3 inch Mobius Comfort Compression™ Leg Bands
- Both match any of our Skin Cooler™ tops
- Both have a long drawcord combined with a comfortable elastic waist
PRODUCT CODE: RTS3
We Also Recommend
These shorts are where quality + function = perfection. These are my go to short for any road or mtn bike riding/racing. They are made to last, have a more compression fit (which I prefer) and the side pockets are really handy for gels in longer tri's. The material is longer lasting than other shorts I have owned and keep the shorts looking good. The stitching helps make the shorts all but indestructible... This is just a really well made, quality product.
These are just fantastic shorts...second only to the Forza tri shorts they make. Idk what else to say other than everything DeSoto makes is the highest quality...you’ll never be disappointed choosing this brand.
These bike shorts are absolutely the best bike shorts I have trained and raced in. First, they are comfortable (I like to buy a size up and get the perfect fit). Second, they are made of of the toughest quality material for regular, extended use...by far the most durable bike short. Third, the side pocket is a must for me when I run. They are the best, but if there was one little tweak, I would like to see the the waist fit a little higher on the backside... That said, they are the still the best tri/bike short I've ever used and I've gone through just about everything since the early '80's.
I never imagined a 7mm pad could feel this comfortable while running. Great support in the saddle. Absolutely no chafing or rubbing. My new go-to tri bottoms.
These have been my go to shorts for 5 years for one simple reason - they work, extremely well, and especially well for longer events. I’ve worn these in Kona 4 times and most recently in the Ultraman World Championships. 260 bike miles in Big Island conditions and no chafing or soreness. The pockets are extremely functional yet discrete, the pad is just enough for an all day hammer fest without that “diaper” feeling, and the overall comfort makes these the shorts I can count on without question. There’s so many moving pieces in triathlon, it really is huge to have gear that breeds confidence - I just know there will be zero issues with these shorts. Mahalo DeSoto for a great product!!
MEN'S SIZING INFORMATION IMPERIAL/METRIC
|X-Small||< 5'6" in / <168 cm||135 lbs / 61 kg||22”-24” in / 56-61 cm||< 37” in / < 94 cm|
|Small||5’6”-5’8” in / 168-173 cm||145 lbs / 66 kg||24”-27” in / 61-69 cm||37”-39” in / 94-99 cm||< 34" in / < 86 cm|
|Medium||5'9" in / 175-180 cm||165 lbs / 75 kg||27”-32” in / 69-81 cm||39”-42” in / 99-107 cm||34"-38" in / 86-96 cm|
|Large||6'0" in / 183-188 cm||195 lbs / 88 kg||32”-35” in / 81-89 cm||42”-45” in / 107-114 cm||38"-42" in / 96-106 cm|
|X-Large||6'2" in / 191-196 cm||215 lbs / 98 kg||35”-41” in / 89-104 cm||45”-48” in / 114-122 cm||42"-47" in / 106-119 cm|
|XX-Large||6'5" in / 197 cm+||235 lbs / 107 kg||42” in + / 105 cm +||49” in + / 123 cm +||48" in + / 121 cm +|
The size chart above should serve as a general guide. If you would like assistance in determining the proper size, please send the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org.