WOMEN'S 400-Mile™ CYCLING SHORT*
Our redesigned Femme 400-Mile short will provide ultimate comfort in the saddle. We increased the pad thickness from 6mm to 14mm and kept all the same great features you loved in the prior model.
Sizing: Please refer to the size chart button above for sizing guidance.
Fit Type: Form-Fitted
Fit Note: Please do not assume your size is the same as previous years, please use our size chart and if in doubt, email us at: email@example.com. Bike shorts are meant to fit tight, next-to-skin. This is to eliminate potential chafing. If you’re not comfortable with this type of fit and or are between sizes, we recommend sizing up. Garment will fit the most snug the first time you put it on, it will relax slightly once wet.
- Updated Femme 400-Mile Pad is now 14mm in thickness to provide supple comfort while in the saddle. Pad is still antimicrobial, moisture-wicking and quick drying. It conforms to your body with 4-way stretch and seams are strategically placed away from contact points to reduce the potential of chafing.
- Wideband elastic wraps around the backside to keep the short up and soft non-elasticized fabric is placed in the front for complete comfort while in the riding position = 2/3 comfort waistband eliminates pressure on the GI
- Please see image to the left - the elastic has been extended an inch towards the center so it does not hit the hip bone. We added a drawcord to allow adjustability, but if you prefer the short without it's easily removable. Note - If you like the drawcord we recommend knotting it prior to washing.
Features and Benefits:
- Mobius™ Comfort Compression fabric offers supportive compression without the "squeeze", creating a very flattering appearance
- You asked, we answered! - We strategically placed Liftfoil™ hydrophobic fabric for long-life durability
- Two leg pockets to safely store riding essentials with easy, quick access
- Center back pocket to store larger belongings such as a iphone
- Microlock™ contrast stitching yield an eloquent appearance while offering great durability
- Designed and created by women.
- Made in the USA.
- Sizes XL and XXL qualify for our Biggest Winner promotion. Buy this item at full price and if you need to size down within 2 years we’ll give you a 50% discount on a smaller size. Read more here - Biggest Winner
- XSmall: 7" (17.75cm)
- Small: 7.5" (19cm)
- Medium: 8" (20.25cm)
- Large: 8.5" (21.5cm)
- XLarge: 9" (22.75cm)
- XXLarge: 9.5" (24.13cm)
- XSmall: 13.5" (34.29cm)
- Small: 14.5" (36.83cm)
- Medium: 15.5" (39.37cm)
- Large: 16.5" (41.91cm)
- XLarge: 17.5" (45.09cm)
- XXLarge: 18.5" (46.99cm)
Front Rise (measurement from center pad up to the top of the waistband):
- XSmall: 9.75
- Small: 10.25
- Medium: 10.75
- Large: 11.25
- XLarge: 11.75
- XXLarge: 12.25
Rear Rise (measurement from center pad up to the backside of the waistband):
- XSmall: 13
- Small: 13.5
- Medium: 14
- Large: 14.5
- XLarge: 15
- XXLarge: 15.5
PRODUCT CODE: WB3
We Also Recommend
400 mile shorts, a comparison to previous versions
My first pair of 400 mile shorts were worn until the inner thigh seam rubbed through. They had lightly ribbed fabric and a thin elastic waist. And I liked them. My second pair of 400 mile shorts just never fit as well as the first - they had been redesigned - the fabric was different, the waist was different. They tended to roll down in the front waistband. I just wasn't as big of a fan of the 2nd pair I bought. But I kept wearing them, as they were still my most comfortable shorts to race in. Now the 3rd pair, redesigned again. I can now honestly say the changes are great. At first I thought the pad, now thicker, was going to be an issue. It felt too wide and baggy. I felt like I was wearing a baggy diaper. I was worried I would chafe while running. I wore them on 3 training rides and I have to admit, the waist is better than both the previous models, and the extra padding really did feel better. Still I had my concerns with how they would work on the run. I can tell you, I finally raced in them, and these shorts were absolutely fine. I didn't notice that pad at all. The waist is high enough I don't get that horrible muffin top that so many other tri shorts give. I wear these for training & Adventure Racing. Triathlon shorts are the shorts of choice for adventure racing, however the pockets on most tri shorts are just too small to stash items in. These shorts have 3 perfectly sized pockets. Large enough pockets to hold extra food, compass, punch card, etc. I did size up in these shorts based on the size chart and I think that was a good choice. If you want to see these shorts in photographic action, you can check them out on Instagram @ Midwestgal73
400 mile shorts
I purchased the 400 mile cycling shorts in early July. Love the fit. They are so comfortable for long rides and I have even used them for some of my brick runs with no problem. They are great quality, but have developed a small tear in the seam. I have reached out and customer service has been amazing. Sending them back for repair or replacement. I can't wait to get them back for my next ride. Maybe I will order a 2nd pair so that I have them ready to go?
I’ve been purchasing your gear for over 10 years and I’m never disappointed with the quality, fit and customer service.
Womens 400 mile cycling short
I recently replaced my older DeSoto shorts with a new pair of the same type, updated style. They feel good and are comfy. But, after one ride, I noticed several areas of fraying on the side seam of one leg. A little disappointing as my previous pair had held up for years...jury is out how long these are going to last....
Improvement but not great
I so wanted to LOVE these shorts but I don't. They are an improvement over last years design but still not where they could be. I wore them today on a 33-mile ride. The first few miles, my right sit bone was on fire just rubbing against the saddle because all that 14mm of padding was so far back it did nothing for my actual sit bones. I kept trying to pull the shorts down or move the padding around but it just didn't work. I just could not get to a position that it felt good. It burned pretty much the whole ride. I've been off the bike 3 hours, and I still feel a burning sensation :( Maybe I'm just built differently? I'm 5'4 and weight 115. I gave a 3 because I do like how the thinner padding wraps around so the creases don't pinch like the old shorts did. I still love the pockets on the legs and the one in the back. And I love how the fabric feels down the leg. It's soft and silky and it stays in place without gripping or being so tight it cuts off circulation, like other brand shorts. I still think this design needs work. It's getting better, but I personally need that padding between those two large pads in the back and the padding through the front. And for those gals that say they like less padding because they don't feel like they have *** between their legs when they walk: These shorts are for riding, not walking.
WOMEN'S SIZING INFORMATION IMPERIAL / METRIC
|X-Small||31"- 33"in / <79 - 84 cm||22"- 24" in / 56 - 61 cm||30”- 33” in / 76 - 84 cm|
|Small||34"- 36" in / 86 - 91 cm||25"- 27" in / 65 - 69 cm||34”- 35” in / 86 - 89 cm|
|Medium||37"-39" in / 94 - 99 cm||28"-30" in / 70 - 77 cm||36”- 38” in / 91 - 97 cm|
|Large||40"- 42" in / 101 - 107 cm||31"- 33" in / 79 - 84 cm||39”- 41” in / 99 - 104 cm|
|X-Large||42"- 44" in / 107 - 112 cm||34"-36" in / 86 - 91 cm||42”- 44” in / 107 - 112 cm|
|XX-Large||44"+ in / 112 cm +||36"- 38" in / 92 - 97 cm||44”- 46" in / 112 - 117 cm|