400-Mile™ Cycling Bib - Sale
Sizing: Please refer to the size chart button above for sizing guidance.
All Sales Are Final. Please read before buying click here
Our new 2016 model now has Mobius™ Comfort Compression Leg Bands that offer compressive support without any tightness or constriction.
Match them with our Skin Cooler Cycling Jerseys. Photos below!FEATURES:
- 13-panel bib short made of Forza Compressor Fabric (see Fabric Facts)
- 3-inch two-piece Mobius™ Comfort leg-bands (read details below)
- Liquid Mesh™ bibs straps to keep you cool.
- Shorter Leg Length than other brands: Have you seen the length of the bibs that riders have been wearing in Europe lately especially in the Grand Tours? As opposed to most brands here in the states, which come just above the knees, our 400-Mile Bibshorts are comfortably shorter like those currently used by the pros in the Grand Tours, and they have no gripper elastic, yet stay in place and do not bind the legs.
- Patent Pending Integrated 400-Mile Ceramico™ 14 mm Pad.This pad floats and stretches which means it can be used as a race piece in a triathlon. On the bike, the pad stretches with the short and follows your skin as it moves with every pedal stroke, eliminating the friction that can cause irritation or rashes.
- Midsection Support – Our bibs come up a bit higher on the sides than other brands, to cover and tuck in the obliques and abdomen. This offers a slimmer appearance and nice support around the mid-section.
- 3 pockets: one one each outer thigh and one center back pocket that fit cell phones, smart phones, fuel packets, and most sunglasses. If you never use them, you will never know they are there. But you will wonder how you could have lived without them.
- Curvilinear™ seamlines, contrast flatstitch, and the 400-Mile™ Pad make it the most comfortable bibshort on the market, regardless of price.
- This environmentally-friendly innovation is completely free of solvents
- Not recommended for repeated use in a chlorinated pool
Emilio gave these bicycling shorts and bibs the "400-Mile" name from product testing consisting of 400 miles over 4 days. His logic was that many shorts feel fine for 100+ mile rides. The real question is how does that saddle feel when you get on the bike the next morning for another 100 miles...and the next morning? This was the inspiration for the design, the pad, and the name.
WHAT IS MOBIUS COMFORT COMPRESSION?
A Mobius Strip is a surface with only one side and one boundary. Mobius™ Comfort is our new form-fitting, yet non-binding compressive fabric. The knit we created when blending fibers make repeated mobius loops so that the same surface, stretch, and rebound is on both sides of the fabric and in equal direction. You will notice comfort and support without constriction, opacity without unnecessary weight, and durability from a very smooth surface on both sides. In addition to this bib made entirely of this fabric, you will find Mobius Comfort Leg Bands on all our trishorts, bike shorts, and bib shorts.
WHAT ARE THE DIFFERENCES BETWEEN THE 400-MILE CYCLING BIB AND THE MOBIUS CYCLING BIB?
- The 400-Mile Cycling Bib has our Ceramico 400-Mile Integrated Pad - where the short is sewn around the pad, and the outside of the pad actually touches the bicycle saddle.
- The Mobius Cycling Bib has our Clasico 400-MIle Pad - where the pad is just sewn into the short in the traditional way and there is fabric between the pad and the bicycle saddle.
- The 400-Mile Cycling Bib is made of Forza Compressor Fabric - this fabric offers a nice snug compression for the ultimate benefits of muscle support, in delay of onset of fatigue and accelerated recovery.
- The Mobius Cycling Bib is made of Mobius Comfort Compression Fabric throughout - this fabric is a little more stretchy, but it still offers some support and compression benefits.
- The 400-Mile Pad on both of the above is 14mm thick.
- Both Bibshorts have the same pockets in 3 locations
- Both Bibshorts have same 3-inch legbands made of Mobius Comfort Compression which eliminates the “sausage leg_ squeeze found in other brands.
400-Mile Ceramico™ Pad Dimensions:
- Max Thickness: .55" (14mm)
- Min Thickness: .05" (1.25mm)
- Total Length: 13.75" (35cm)
- Front Max Width: 6.125" (15.5cm)
- Waist Width - most narrow point: 5.375" (13.5cm)
- Back Max Width: 9.25" (23.5cm)
- Small: 8.75" (22.23cm)
- Medium: 9.25" (23.5cm)
- Large: 9.75" (24.77cm)
- XLarge: 10.25" (26.04cm)
- XXLarge: 10.75" (27.31cm)
- XXL available in Solid Black only.
PRODUCT CODE: BB2
Available only on our website.
We Also Recommend
Nicer than expected...
These bibs and especially the padding, are so comfortable that they makes me want to go out and cycle. Nice. The 400 Mile Bibs are now my everyday shorts and I use my others as backup!
MEN'S SIZING INFORMATION IMPERIAL/METRIC
|X-Small||< 5'6" in / <168 cm||135 lbs / 61 kg||22”-24” in / 56-61 cm||< 37” in / < 94 cm|
|Small||5’6”-5’8” in / 168-173 cm||145 lbs / 66 kg||24”-27” in / 61-69 cm||37”-39” in / 94-99 cm||< 34" in / < 86 cm|
|Medium||5'9" in / 175-180 cm||165 lbs / 75 kg||27”-32” in / 69-81 cm||39”-42” in / 99-107 cm||34"-38" in / 86-96 cm|
|Large||6'0" in / 183-188 cm||195 lbs / 88 kg||32”-35” in / 81-89 cm||42”-45” in / 107-114 cm||38"-42" in / 96-106 cm|
|X-Large||6'2" in / 191-196 cm||215 lbs / 98 kg||35”-41” in / 89-104 cm||45”-48” in / 114-122 cm||42"-47" in / 106-119 cm|
|XX-Large||6'5" in / 197 cm+||235 lbs / 107 kg||42” in + / 105 cm +||49” in + / 123 cm +||48" in + / 121 cm +|
The size chart above should serve as a general guide. If you would like assistance in determining the proper size, please send the following information to email@example.com.