LIFTFOIL3™ SPEED SKIN - 2017*
Swimskin made of Liftfoil3™ fabric
This tech suit is a one piece swim skin designed to help you swim faster, period. Read on!
- Unlike other swimskins, the Liftfoil3 can be worn over a race suit or race top and/or bottom, or it can be worn alone with nothing underneath just like traditional swimwear. It is a matter of what you are most comfortable with.
- Unlike other swimskins, the Liffoil3 can be worn throughout the bike and run portions of a triathlon.
- Like all swimskins, the Liftfoil3 may take some time to get into it as it is meant to be tight, especially when dry. It may loosen up a bit in the water so it is better for it to a bit too snug than a little loose. Also our products never shrink so the tightest it will ever feel is the first time you put it on.
- Be sure to test the Liftfoil3 in training with your race attire or, lack thereof, underneath, according to your race plan and the preparation training for it.
- Liftfoil3 fabric is a highly technical fabric created by Emilio De Soto and is made exclusively for De Soto by a manufacturer in Italy. It is not available nor sold to other companies.
- Made of Liftfoil3 (FINA approved) hydrophobic and compressive fabric. It is hydrophobic because of a very tight Microweave™, so tight it limits absorption of water and/or sweat. Be weary of brands that use any types of teflon or waterproof coatings as these are just chemicals that are applied to finished fabrics. They do wear out after a few uses. They have also yet to be proven by any reliable independent source to be perfectly safe against human skin for prolonged periods of time.
- Sleak Micro-lock™ Stitch offers less drag both in and out of the water and is faster than any type of flatlock seams. Bonding seams has become quite trendy lately. We don't do bonding, we sew seams! What most people do not know is that ‘bonding' is a fancy term for ‘glueing’ and no glue is permanent. Eventually the seams dry, crack, and split open, especially in chlorinated or salt water, without a good repair solution. Micro-lock™ Stitch typically outlasts any sort of bonding, and if there is ever a need for repair, we do it for free for as long as you own your Liftfoil3.
- T-back and deep cut arm holes combined with Curvilinear™ seam lines provides maximum reach and rotation with minimum drag.
- 16-inch YKK® rear zipper with auto-locking slider and long pull cord for each and exit. Lets face it, simplicity is usually better when it comes to zippers. Those quick-release sliders have the reputation of not releasing in races because that is when you usually wear your best swimskin. We eliminate that worry!
- USAT, ITU, and WTC legal (in submittal process for FINA approval)
WHY BUY THIS OVER OTHER BRANDS?
This suit will help you swim faster in triathlons and open water swim races, including those that do not permit wetsuits. It is a highly technical hydrophobic and compressive fabric we call Liftfoil3™. Just like our previous Liftfoil fabrics, we have incorporated Forza Compressor fibers into the Liftfoil3. This lifts and supports the muscles thus reducing and delaying the onset of fatigue caused by the triggering of muscles throughout any type of endurance race.
This speedsuit has no rubberized material, no polyurethane, and no neoprene. It abides to WTC's recent ruling on swimskins, speedskins, swim apparel...whatever WTC wants to call it. Our tests have shown varied improvements of swim times of about 2-4 seconds per 100 meters, depending on the individual, over a conventional swimsuit. This translates to 1'00" for 1500 meters and 2'40" for a swim of 4000 meters. Of course, as with all our products, we offer a 100% satisfaction guarantee. Test it for yourself. If you do not find it performs to your expectations, you may return it for a complete refund.
This garment is not designed for repeated use as a swimsuit in a chlorinated pool.
- Small: 8.25" (20.95cm)
- Medium: 8.75" (22.22cm)
- Large: 9.25" (23.50cm)
- XLarge: 9.75" (24.76cm)
PRODUCT CODE: LF3
We Also Recommend