Skin Cooler™ Run Cap:
In 1990 we invented this great mesh running cap. We updated it with a few unique features to make it a first in the triathlon market for a second time.
Our black Skin Cooler™ fabric keeps you just as cool as the white. It inherently has a reflective virtue that is created by a combination of the fibers, the fiber content, and the special way the fabric is knitted. Once the black fabric gets wet it keeps you cool in hot weather. This is no gimmick, we guarantee it works or your money back!
- Pocket on the front fits credit cards, ID, dollar bill, most car keys and even a slim MP3 player, or Ipod Shuffle
- The pocket is low profile with no velcro
- Items stay in place from the innovative design and shape of the pocket
- A plastic brim makes this cap machine washer friendly
- Nanosurf™ and Skin Cooler™ mesh keep you cool and comfortable while providing protection from the sun
- Adjustable velcro closure to give you a comfortable fit
What makes ours different? Our Skin Cooler fiber is designed to feel and perform like silk (from a silkworm). Through Biomimicry, we took the virtues of this natural fiber and created a synthetic silk. It will keep you cool in hot weather and cooler when it is wet. Put it on and you will instantly feel the cool sensation. Wet it and you will notice a drop in the surface temperature of the skin between 7 and 10 degrees.
When some of us here at De Soto started racing triathlons, a racebelt was simply the elastic from an old pair of underwear with a couple of safety pins! Times have changed and guess what? These days are better than the good ole days. Stuff is just better! Our new Racebelt 2 is a perfect example.
Never lose a snap, button, or cord lock again because there are none! Hold your race number on with these new “locking mini-clipboard” attachments that never get lost. The support for each buckle has little loops where you can carry gel packs, or from which to hang your sunglasses. These supports are completely adjustable to work with any size race numbers.
This amazing necessity to every serious triathletes arsenal is 1.25 inches thick, soft, very stretchy, and non-binding. The buckle is made of a strong non-brittle molded nylon and the belt is completely adjustable to fit almost anyone.
TIPS FROM EMILIO:
- Use this race belt to attach your race number so that you do not have to put pin holes in your clothing.
- Put the belt on around your waist so it is stretched a bit prior to attaching the race number. That way, it will stay in place and not come off when you put it on for the race.
- Use it with the De Soto Logos right-side up to keep your number from hanging too low and to keep it from hitting your legs.
- Wear it under your wetsuit to save yourself time in transition.
- Wear your number on your low back under your wetsuit and during the bike, then spin it around to the front for the run.
- Use it for triathlons, marathons, 10K's, or any race that requires you to wear a number.
Timing Chip Strap:
This is a comfortable neoprene GreenGoma™ strap with Velcro closure. Attach the computer timing chip for your race and eliminate the uncomfortable chafing around your ankle. It now fits smaller ankles too!
This item is one product, which comprises less than 2% of our total products that are not made in the USA.
We Also Recommend
Looking good at staying cool
Both the white and black versions of the DeSoto Skin Cooler hat use the same SkinCooler technology. The bill of the cap is firm to maintain the shape you form it. It's not some knock off cardboard flimsy piece of junk. The rear fastener are two strips of high quality velcro and is easy and quick to find the right fit. What I love most about the cap is that the cap is not too deep. Another words, when I put the cap on, the hat does not touch my ears. The top of the hat has holes for ventilation, and this also will allow water to get to your scalp faster if you pour water on your head at races. No need to take it off. Overall, this is a well constructed cap and I can tell I will have both for a long time. Thanks DeSoto!
lovw The products so far. The hat is awesome light cool and really like the thickness of the bill. Also, really livening the riveria fli bid short. The pad is awesome and the compression is perfect. This is my first foray with the DeSoto products. Really loving the products, the quality, the fit. Awesome job DeSoto.! I’ll be purchasing more. Have my eye on the riveria or forza Tri Suit next for my Ironman Florida in April.
Perfect fitting hat
The white and black logo'ed hats are designed for athletes. The hat has an adjustable velcro strap in the back. The sides of the hat are perforated to help your head stay cool, allow water to enter and ventilate. The hat depth is not so deep that it wants to cover your ears. The hat sits just above for a PERFECT fit. The liner that goes around your head is very comfortable and wicks the sweat. Overall, the hat is a solid build and I know it will last. Thanks DeSoto!
Skin Cooler hat
Excellent fitting and very comfortable on long runs. Great product!
Just what I needed on a super hot run!
I used this cap for several training runs prior to wearing it in a 70.3 triathlon. Race day the run temp was 96 when I came out of T2 and got up over 100 while I was on the course. This hat kept my head cool and played a big role in keeping me from overheating. I definitely recommend it!