SKIN COOLER LONG SLEEVE TOP*
The Skin Cooler Longsleeve is a full sleeve triathlon top; skin-tight, and zipperless. It's created with our Skin Cooler 90 fabric and features 3 vertical pockets to keep you cool and comfortable while protecting you from harmful UV rays. It's a MUST-HAVE top for any warm-to-hot weather activity.
Sizing: Please refer to the size chart button above for sizing guidance.
Fit Type: Form fitting
Fit Note: Please do not assume your size, please use our size chart. If in doubt, email questions to firstname.lastname@example.org. Triathlon apparel is meant to fit next-to-skin. This is to eliminate potential chafing, and unnecessary drag during the swim, bike and run. If you’re not comfortable with this type of fit and or are between sizes, we recommend sizing up. Garment will fit the most snug the first time you put it on, it will relax slightly once wet.
You asked, we answered and we are currently producing 2XL in LSSC, available early-May.
Favorite Features Remain:
- Skin Cooler 90™ stretch fabric blocks 90% UVB rays while creating a cooling sensation that actually keeps you cooler
- Cooling technology is embedded in the fabric and will NOT wash out, contrast difference to many other "like" products on the market
- Our longest length top for those with long torsos or in need of more coverage
- Long sleeves for cooling and sun-protection on the arms
- Three vertical pockets for nutrition gels, ice, or cold sponges commonly available at aid stations in triathlons and long endurance races. Pockets line up along your spine and are designed to help your cool your body.
- You might be use to only using the lower pocket of your current jersey, but you will quickly find the upper pocket to be great for carrying sunglasses, a cell phone or your mp3 player
- The center pocket may require the help of the aid station or a bit more flexibility on the part of the wearer
- The pockets are not designed to carry excessive weight such as water bottles, gel flasks, or any comparable weight
- This is not a compression garment, yet it is supposed to fit snug, for aerodynamic purposes. Though it is designed to be worn alone and performs best that way, you can wear it over or under any triathlon top, tri suit, cycling jersey, golf shirt, or tennis shirt, and you will actually be cooler!
- Offset seams eliminate the potential to chafe
- This garment is not designed for repeated use in a chlorinated pool
- Made in the USA
- We are often imitated. Remember just because it is white, it does not mean the fabric will cool you. READ ON!
Read this nice TIP FROM EMILIO: HOW TO QUICKLY PUT ON A SKIN COOLER LONGSLEEVE TOP! (AN EASY WAY TO PUT ON & REMOVE A TRI TOP)
What makes ours different? Our Skin Cooler fiber is designed to feel and perform like silk (from a silkworm). Through Biomimicry, we took the virtues of this natural fiber and created a synthetic silk. It will keep you cool in hot weather and cooler when it is wet. Put it on and you will instantly feel the cool sensation. Wet it and you will notice a drop in the surface temperature of the skin between 7 and 10 degrees.
A MEDICAL TESTIM0NIAL: We received this letter from Dermatologist and Mohs Surgeon Dr. Michael Bax.*
I am an avid runner and triathlete and I recently discovered your Skin Cooler products, of which I'm a huge fan. I have been wearing them for a few months now and couldn't be happier. I am a dermatologist and Mohs surgeon at Roswell Park Cancer Institute in Buffalo, NY. Every patient I see is plagued by basal cell carcinoma, squamous cell carcinoma, or melanoma. I recommend your products to my active patients on a daily basis. It allows them to continue their active lifestyle while protecting themselves from the sun. I find your product to be far superior to all other cooling and sun protective lines. I truly appreciate your efforts and innovations.
Michael Bax, MD
Roswell Park Cancer Institute
Scott Bieler Clinical Science Center
Buffalo, New York
***Dr. Bax has no financial investment in De Soto Sport and was not solicited nor compensated in any way for his letter.
Note: No garment should ever be a substitute so we always recommend you wear sunscreen underneath these, and all, products. It is crucial to keep in mind that a sunscreen's (whichever brand you may choose) SPF/UPF rating refers only to its ability to protect skin from UVB radiation. Because we know that UVA damage can be just as insidious, it is essential for the health of your skin that you use a sunscreen that contains the UVA-protecting ingredients of titanium dioxide or zinc oxide.
PRODUCT CODE: LSSC
We Also Recommend
The Best of the Best!
I used this product during training sessions leading up to the Ultraman World Championship and during the event. What a phenomenal product. Super impressed, super pleased, and really helped me stay cool throughout the 52.4 mile double marathon from Hawi back to Kailua-Kona. In addition, know that it contributed to my 8th place overall finish.
Sun and Overheating Protection
Bought my skin cooler shirt after I scare at the dermatologist office. Found this to be a great addition to my training in the sun. Had the added benefit of wearing it as a base layer for my longer triathlons and loved being able to keep cool with water on the arms and ice in the top back pocket. People thought I was crazy for wearing long sleeves at my races but then were jealous as I put a lump of ice in the pockets. Great product.
As always: Skin cooler = awesome
THIS IS AWESOME. I won't like, i'm a fan of these skin cooler products. I own a few of them, and I LOVE all of them. I find the tighter fitting ones (such as this) are so much better. This is great on cooler days (just used this in a Cirque Series race where it rained the whole time) and it added that bit of warmth. But on hot days: PERFECT for keeping you cool and the sun off of you. If you're on the fence: don't be. You won't regret this purchase.
Awesome and Real
The Skin cooler long sleeve biking jersey is amazing. I bought one for my husband and myself to protect our skin from the Florida summer sun. We biked 30 miles and were never hot- love this jersey!
True and Tested.
This product is awesome. I have done multiple century rides in +90F temps with heat indexes of +105F. Definitely recommend this product for people who need some help with thermal regulation.
MEN'S SIZING INFORMATION IMPERIAL/METRIC
|X-Small||< 5'6" in / <168 cm||135 lbs / 61 kg||22”-24” in / 56-61 cm||< 37” in / < 94 cm|
|Small||5’6”-5’8” in / 168-173 cm||145 lbs / 66 kg||24”-27” in / 61-69 cm||37”-39” in / 94-99 cm||< 34" in / < 86 cm|
|Medium||5'9" in / 175-180 cm||165 lbs / 75 kg||27”-32” in / 69-81 cm||39”-42” in / 99-107 cm||34"-38" in / 86-96 cm|
|Large||6'0" in / 183-188 cm||195 lbs / 88 kg||32”-35” in / 81-89 cm||42”-45” in / 107-114 cm||38"-42" in / 96-106 cm|
|X-Large||6'2" in / 191-196 cm||215 lbs / 98 kg||35”-41” in / 89-104 cm||45”-48” in / 114-122 cm||42"-47" in / 106-119 cm|
|XX-Large||6'5" in / 197 cm+||235 lbs / 107 kg||42” in + / 105 cm +||49” in + / 123 cm +||48" in + / 121 cm +|
The size chart above should serve as a general guide. If you would like assistance in determining the proper size, please send the following information to email@example.com.