A TIP FROM EMILIO: How to Fix a Failing Zipper
This diagram shows you all the parts of a zipper.
Below is a De Soto Skin Cooler Top. We sell thousands of these every year. We use the very best zippers in the world, and this does not happen often, but it does happen to all brands of products including ours. We have an easy fix!
ZIPPER FAILURE DOES NOT MEAN THE ZIPPER IS DEFECTIVE!
You can tell by this photo that the PIN was not inserted completely into the BOX before grabbing the PULL TAB and pulling up. When the PIN is not inserted completely the zipper unzips from below as you pull up. The reason is that the TEETH are no longer aligned as they should to stay closed.
- Pull the PIN out of the BOX
- Insert the PIN again this time all the way into the BOX.
- While holding the PIN in place, gently zip the PULL TAB down until it covers the PINS.
- Pull the PIN out off the box and insert it comply again.
- Zip it up by slowly making sure the teeth are aligned.
- Your zipper will zip up properly again.