Transition Pack V8*
White available to ship Mid-August - to reserve yours, order now!
Welcome to the modern era of a product category we innovated a quarter-century ago. We use the highest tech pack material ever used in a triathlon bag. We offer many features and compartments that are beneficial to the most organized person; but we also understand that sometimes you just want to pack it all up quickly and get home. This is why we offer the large main interior compartment that overtakes the entire space of all other compartments. Throw it all in, zip it up and go home!
- 45 denier polyester with TPU (Thermoplastic PolyUrethane) laminate makes this pack highly water-resistant and very durable
- TPU finish gives a high gloss patent leather appearance
- Bottom entry wetsuit compartment has heat sealed seams making it waterproof
- Inverted nylon zippers create a streamline appearance and ensure smoother operation
- Zipper pulls made of round nylon mountaineering cord for durability
- Ergonomic shoulder straps made out of high-density foam for improved comfort when the pack is full
- Vertical daisy chain the on outside to attach straps for carrying additional items like a floor pump, towel, yoga mattress, shoes, fleece or down jacket.
- 2 D-ring straps included
- Breathable foam padding against back offers comfort and insulation to hydration bladder pocket (bladder not included).
Favorite Features Remain:
- Exterior helmet holder, with quick open for removal
- Large top-loading main compartment overtakes the entire space of all other compartments if you want a duffel-style pack for optimal space.
- Vertical Mid-Belly™ zipper for easy access to items at the bottom of the pack
- Long transition rack strap to hang the pack
- Light-color interior for easy viewing of what is inside and to eliminate the "Black Hole" effect. Red has a red interior, White has a white interior, Royal has an orange interior. All have black wetsuit compartment.
- Interior case made of soft-plush fabric for sunglasses or swim goggles
- Inside pocket against the back holds a hydration bladder (not included)
- Exterior pop-out pocket holds 32 ounces (1-liter) drink bottle
- Mesh water bottle holder fits a liter-size bottle
- Waist strap with a durable nylon buckle makes carrying the pack more comfortable
- Large exterior zippered mesh pocket
- Don't lose your keys again! - Interior key ring loop inside the large exterior mesh pocket
- TSA approved size for check-in luggage (simply pull out the helmet prior to placing in overhead storage).
The pack has a volume of 4000 cubic inches (65-liter) including the expanding helmet holder. Height=22 inches, Average Depth=13 inches, Width=14 inches
NOTE: We recommend not exposing any pack or product made of TPU to extreme temperatures above 120ºF (49ºC) or below 32ºF (0ºC), due to the possibility of the urethane melting, or freezing and becoming brittle respectively.
This item is one product, which comprises less than 2% of our total products that are not made in the USA.
PROD ID: TP8
We Also Recommend
Look no more - I did it for you.
I’ve tried so many different bags and settled on this bag a little over a year ago. It’s been awesome. With a flat bottle, it will sit upright to be able to find stuff. The pockets are tailored for a triathlete and super practical. The fabric is very robust and after many days of use, looks still like new. Love the water resistance as well. Recently, I contacted DeSoto recently for support and can say that their customer service is as fantastic as their products.
I haven't used the bag in a race yet, but as soon as I took it out of the box, I fell in love! It is huge, which is great for all your gear. My helmet fit perfectly in the front pocket, and I love all the special compartments for glasses, drinks/food and wet-suit! I can not wait to use it next season!! Thank you for another great product De Soto!!! And your customer service is impeccable!!!
Transition Pack V8
This is a very nice bag. Versatile, holds lots of stuff and yet you can pick it up and sling on your shoulder and go. Used it last week while riding RAGBRAI. All of my riding stuff in ONE place and easy to get to. Love it.
Excellent Transition Bag
It’s perfect and exactly the size I needed. It can fit all my gear, race helmet and bike pump so I’m completely hands free to wheel off my bike. The material is extremely durable and looks great. I’ve already had a lot of compliments. I got the bag in blue and I love it.
This bag can do it all
After using team issued transition bags the past few seasons I have walked away largely unimpressed with the gear my team decided to go with. So, taking matters into my own hands, I spent a little extra this year to get a bag I thought I would actually like. After a few months of use I can report back that I am very happy with my decision to splurge on the De Soto Transition Pack. The Wetsuit Pocket on the bottom, helmet pouch on the outside, and the tire pump straps on the side are all ingenious features that make race morning so easy. The pockets are great for helping you stash your stuff in the order you plan on needing it, and the quality of the materials gives me a confidence this bag will last a long long time. I just carted this thing all around Greece for a 2 week race-cation across the pond and it was super clutch the whole trip! It went with me on the airplane, to the beach, on the ferries, and of course on race day. This is a great looking bag that can do it all.