Custom Frequently Asked Questions
What does it take to get started?
- Tell us what products you want and how many of each.
- We will send you a quote.
- Place a 50% deposit for the above products.
- Send us your logos/graphics in Vector Format.
- We will create the concepts. Upon approval we will start!
What are Vector Format logos/graphics?
Vector files such as AI and EPS can remain editable so you can open them back up in Illustrator and edit any text or other elements within the graphic. With images that contain text that are saved as a JPG, PNG or GIF, you would not be able to reopen and edit the text.
- You can expect vector format files to be larger (over 1MB but can be 500MB). So if you get a pdf image that is only 300kb, it is most likely not a scalable PDF (mentioned previously) and thus, not vector.
- If the suffices are .jpg, .tiff, gif, or .png they are for sure not vector. They are known as rastor format.
- Vector files can be opened on almost any modern computer, but they will typically convert to pdf, or jpg and that is how they get saved. So unless you open it in illustrator, and you open it and save it, it loses its vector functionality.
- If someone sends you something in vector format, you can download it and send it again to a graphic designer without losing it's ability to be altered and saved again in vector format.
Production time depend on what month you order:
- Feb: 4-6 weeks
- Mar/Apr/May/Jun: 6-8 weeks
- Jul-Aug/Sep: 6 weeks depends on how busy we are for Kona
- Oct/Nov/Dec/Jan: 4 weeks or less