Custom Frequently Asked Questions
What does it take to get started?
- Tell us what products you want and how many of each.
- We will send you a quote.
- Place a 50% deposit for the above products.
- Send us your logos/graphics in Vector Format.
- We will create the concepts. Upon approval we will start!
What are Vector Format logos/graphics?
- You can expect vector format files to be larger (over 1MB but can be 500MB). So if you get a pdf image that is only 300kb, it is most likely not a scalable PDF (mentioned previously) and thus, not vector.
- If the suffices are .jpg, .tiff, gif, or .png they are for sure not vector. They are known as rastor format.
- Vector files can be opened on almost any modern computer, but they will typically convert to pdf, or jpg and that is how they get saved. So unless you open it in illustrator, and you open it and save it, it loses its vector functionality.
- If someone sends you something in vector format, you can download it and send it again to a graphic designer without losing it's ability to be altered and saved again in vector format.
So again the production time starts once we have:
- Approved designs
- Your entire order
- Your 50% deposit
Production time depends on what month you order:
- Feb: 4-6 weeks
- Mar/Apr/May/Jun: 6-8 weeks
- Jul-Aug/Sep: 6 weeks depends on how busy we are for Kona
- Oct/Nov/Dec/Jan: 4 weeks or less
If you require us to create an online store from which each member places their own orders, add 2 weeks to the above dates to get all the products you are interested in design, create the product pages, and then make the store "live" for one week in which members will order.