Face Mask FAQ's & Info Videos
DEPENDING ON YOUR INTERNET SPEED, IT MAY TAKE SOME TIME FOR THIS PAGE TO LOAD!
Below are videos, photos, and instructions that will help you get the most out of your mask.
Questions about your mask or Headtube? We have all the answers.
NEW! Reversible SkinCooler™ Face Mask - Tracy De Soto shows you our new ear-loop mask! It is reversible so you have two color choices in one mask. It can also be flipped over (top-to-bottom) for a better fit depending on the user's ears, nose, and face.
- to help keep you mask on your nose
- to keep your glasses from fogging up.
- to make it easier to talk.
In this video, Emilio shows you how to make a metal nose bridge from a piece of aluminum foil. A tighter seal may require a thicker nose bridge. You can even use an empty pie tin, or aluminum “to go” plates.
Why Buy Our Mask?
- Most masks are not adjustable.
- Most masks either fit you or do not.
- Most masks can only be worn one way.
- Most masks do not stretch, but if they do, they only stretch a little.
- Our mask is completely adjustable.
- Our mask stretches in every direction and the straps stretch too.
- Our mask gives you options to personalize the fit to meet your face, your head, and your needs.
- TIE EACH SIDE AND WEAR BEHIND THE EARS: most masks just offer this option, which is fine for most. This is the best option if you want a loose fit and having it behind the ears does not other you or if you consider your head to be big or you plan to wear it with a cycling helmet and you want to put the mask and take it off without removing the helmet.
- TIE THE TOP AROUND THE HEAD AND THE BOTTOM AROUND THE NECK: this is the best option for people who want to keep the mask on and around the neck, to then put it up when you need to. It is also a good option for runners and cyclists as in most states and countries, masks are not required while running and cycling unless you are in group of people and you are close to each other.
- TIE BOTH AROUND THE HEAD AND THEN PULL THE LOWER STRAPS OVER THE HEAD: this method was recommended to us by an emergency room doctor who wanted to assure a good seal around the entire face. Notice how much lower the mask sits around the chin. He and his staff wear a level-2 , level-3, or N95 mask inserted into the mask pocket pouch.
- The photo above shows how you can wear the mask with the upper strap on the visor and the lower strap around the neck.
- This allows the mask to be away from the mouth and nose.
- This method is advantageous when running because it is easier to breathe while still offering you some protection.
- This is yet another unique feature of our masks that cannot be done with most other masks.
WHY NOT COTTON?
The Center for Disease Control suggested the general public use cotton masks because it is the most well-known and most readily available fabric. Everyone knows what cotton is, and everyone has tee shirts and blue jeans made of cotton. Imagine the confusion had the CDC recommendation been to use a tightly-knitted 80%-poly/20%- elastane blend. Not many people would know what this means, and it is not commonly found in our homes, nor do many have access to such a technical material. Finally, the CDC could not retract on their statement of resorting to using a bandana given it is a thin piece of woven cotton.
The reality is that cotton is the single worst fabric from which one can choose to make a mask. Cotton is the most absorbent fiber on our planet. When it gets wet, the fibers swell, thus reducing its breathability, making it difficult to inhale and exhale. It also holds moisture longer than any other fiber, which is why it takes so long to dry. Finally, cotton is very porous, which offers very limited protection from moisture particles, such as viruses, to permeate.
Skin Cooler™ is a stretchy, synthetic, tightly knitted fabric that absorbs very little moisture, dries quickly, and is highly breathable, even when wet. We developed this fabric over 15 years ago to keep endurance athletes cool when training and racing in triathlons, marathons and ultra-distance races that can last 24 hours or more. Skin Cooler™ is the ideal fabric for cloth masks.
MEN'S SIZING INFORMATION IMPERIAL/METRIC
|X-Small||< 5'6" in / <168 cm||135 lbs / 61 kg||22”-24” in / 56-61 cm||< 37” in / < 94 cm|
|Small||5’6”-5’8” in / 168-173 cm||145 lbs / 66 kg||24”-27” in / 61-69 cm||37”-39” in / 94-99 cm||< 34" in / < 86 cm|
|Medium||5'9" in / 175-180 cm||165 lbs / 75 kg||27”-32” in / 69-81 cm||39”-42” in / 99-107 cm||34"-38" in / 86-96 cm|
|Large||6'0" in / 183-188 cm||195 lbs / 88 kg||32”-35” in / 81-89 cm||42”-45” in / 107-114 cm||38"-42" in / 96-106 cm|
|X-Large||6'2" in / 191-196 cm||215 lbs / 98 kg||35”-41” in / 89-104 cm||45”-48” in / 114-122 cm||42"-47" in / 106-119 cm|
|XX-Large||6'5" in / 197 cm+||235 lbs / 107 kg||42” in + / 105 cm +||49” in + / 123 cm +||48" in + / 121 cm +|
The size chart above should serve as a general guide. If you would like assistance in determining the proper size, please send the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org.