400-Mile™ Cycling Short*
Emilio gave these bicycling shorts and bibs the "400-Mile" name from product testing consisting of 400 miles over 4 days. His logic was that many shorts feel fine for 100+ mile rides. The real question is how does that saddle feel when you get on the bike the next morning for another 100 miles...and the next morning? This was the inspiration for the design, the pad, and the name.
Sizing: Please refer to the size chart button above for sizing guidance.
Fit Type: Compressive
Fit Note - Please do not assume your size, please use our size chart. If in doubt, email questions to email@example.com.
Features and Benefits:
- We sewed the 14mm 400-Mile™ Pad into the short, versus on top of the short. This allows the pad to stretch more, and float; which means it can be used as a race piece in a triathlon. On the bike, the pad stretches with the short and follows your skin as it moves with every pedal stroke, eliminating the friction that can cause irritation or rashes.
- Seamless inner thigh eliminates friction against the saddle and thighs
- 11-panel bike short made of Forza Compressor fabric ensures a perfect fit, and targeted muscle support
- 3-inch Mobius™ Comfort Compression leg bands keep shorts in place without excess squeezing (no elastic!)
- Hi-rise, elastic waist and adjustable drawstring keeps the short up and protects you from low back sun exposure
- 3 pockets: one on each outer thigh and one center back pocket that fit cell phones, smart phones, fuel packets, and most sunglasses
- Curvilinear™ seamlines and contrast flatstitch highlight panel construction, create an attractive appearance and are extremely durable
- This environmentally-friendly innovation is completely free of solvents
- Not recommended for repeated use in a chlorinated pool
- Made in USA
Note - Shorter Leg Length than other brands: Have you seen the length of the shorts that riders have been wearing in Europe lately, especially in the Grand Tours? As opposed to most brands here in the states, which come just above the knees, our 400-Mile Shorts are comfortably shorter. Our inseam is similar to those currently used by the pros in the Grand Tours. They have no gripper elastic, yet stay in place and do not bind the legs.
- Small: 7.75" (19.69cm)
- Medium: 8.25" (20.96cm)
- Large: 8.75" (22.23cm)
- XLarge: 9.25" (23.50cm)
- Small: 16" (40.64cm)
- Medium: 17" (43.18cm)
- Large: 18" (45.72cm)
- XLarge: 19" (48.26cm)
Front Rise (measurement from center pad up to the top of the waistband):
- Small: 9"
- Medium: 9.5"
- Large: 10"
- XLarge: 10.5"
Rear Rise (measurement from center pad up to the backside of the waistband):
- Small: 15"
- Medium: 15.5"
- Large: 16"
- XLarge: 16.5"
PRODUCT CODE: BS3
We Also Recommend
Comfortable as always. Still need triathlon shorts size to match bike shorts size. Still need the tri and bike shorts to be much longer. Short shorts are not useful in many ways.
Great cycling short
Great short for long rides, also great for spin classes
This is the 2nd time I have ordered the 400 Milers and I love them. Very comfortable. Great padding. Long lasting.
High quality, but too thick of a pad for me.
This is a very high quality cycling short...as are all DeSoto products in my opinion. However, the pad was just too thick for me and caused uncomfortable chaffing. I guess it may be because my background is in swimming and triathlons and I'm not used to such thick pads when I'm on my bike. I couldn't adapt to it. I think if you're coming from a cycling background, and this is the type of short and pad you wear normally, you'll love this product. For us who are swimmers and runners first...well, you may find it to be too much. Or you may love it! What do I know? I give this four stars because DeSoto accepted my return, without hesitation, when I found that it was not right for me. Customer for life.
MEN'S SIZING INFORMATION IMPERIAL/METRIC
|X-Small||< 5'6" in / <168 cm||135 lbs / 61 kg||22”-24” in / 56-61 cm||< 37” in / < 94 cm|
|Small||5’6”-5’8” in / 168-173 cm||145 lbs / 66 kg||24”-27” in / 61-69 cm||37”-39” in / 94-99 cm||< 34" in / < 86 cm|
|Medium||5'9" in / 175-180 cm||165 lbs / 75 kg||27”-32” in / 69-81 cm||39”-42” in / 99-107 cm||34"-38" in / 86-96 cm|
|Large||6'0" in / 183-188 cm||195 lbs / 88 kg||32”-35” in / 81-89 cm||42”-45” in / 107-114 cm||38"-42" in / 96-106 cm|
|X-Large||6'2" in / 191-196 cm||215 lbs / 98 kg||35”-41” in / 89-104 cm||45”-48” in / 114-122 cm||42"-47" in / 106-119 cm|
|XX-Large||6'5" in / 197 cm+||235 lbs / 107 kg||42” in + / 105 cm +||49” in + / 123 cm +||48" in + / 121 cm +|
The size chart above should serve as a general guide. If you would like assistance in determining the proper size, please send the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org.