400-MILE™ CYCLING SHORT*
Emilio gave these bicycling shorts and bibs the "400-Mile" name from product testing consisting of 400 miles over 4 days. His logic was that many shorts feel fine for 100+ mile rides. The real question is how does that saddle feel when you get on the bike the next morning for another 100 miles...and the next morning? This was the inspiration for the design, the pad, and the name.
Sizing: Please refer to the size chart button above for sizing guidance.
Fit Type: Compressive
Fit Note - Please do not assume your size, please use our size chart. If in doubt, email questions to email@example.com.
Features and Benefits:
- We sewed the 14mm 400-Mile™ Pad into the short, versus on top of the short. This allows the pad to stretch more, and float; which means it can be used as a race piece in a triathlon. On the bike, the pad stretches with the short and follows your skin as it moves with every pedal stroke, eliminating the friction that can cause irritation or rashes.
- Seamless inner thigh eliminates friction against the saddle and thighs
- 11-panel bike short made of Forza Compressor fabric ensures a perfect fit, and targeted muscle support
- 3-inch Mobius™ Comfort Compression leg bands keep shorts in place without excess squeezing (no elastic!)
- Hi-rise, elastic waist and adjustable drawstring keeps the short up and protects you from low back sun exposure
- 3 pockets: one on each outer thigh and one center back pocket that fit cell phones, smart phones, fuel packets, and most sunglasses
- Curvilinear™ seamlines and contrast flatstitch highlight panel construction, create an attractive appearance and are extremely durable
- This environmentally-friendly innovation is completely free of solvents
- Not recommended for repeated use in a chlorinated pool
- Made in USA
Note - Shorter Leg Length than other brands: Have you seen the length of the shorts that riders have been wearing in Europe lately, especially in the Grand Tours? As opposed to most brands here in the states, which come just above the knees, our 400-Mile Shorts are comfortably shorter. Our inseam is similar to those currently used by the pros in the Grand Tours. They have no gripper elastic, yet stay in place and do not bind the legs.
- Small: 7.75" (19.69cm)
- Medium: 8.25" (20.96cm)
- Large: 8.75" (22.23cm)
- XLarge: 9.25" (23.50cm)
- Small: 16" (40.64cm)
- Medium: 17" (43.18cm)
- Large: 18" (45.72cm)
- XLarge: 19" (48.26cm)
Front Rise (measurement from center pad up to the top of the waistband):
- Small: 9"
- Medium: 9.5"
- Large: 10"
- XLarge: 10.5"
Rear Rise (measurement from center pad up to the backside of the waistband):
- Small: 15"
- Medium: 15.5"
- Large: 16"
- XLarge: 16.5"
PRODUCT CODE: BS3
We Also Recommend
This is been great. I bought one last year and I’m buying another one this year. You’re my go to bike shorts. May even buy another one this year.
This item is good quality, so far. My first ever pair of tri shorts were/are DeSoto, and so I ordered this 400 mile pair and another regular pair to train and do my first 70.3 race because I LOVE my first pair and it had been so durable... Both the 400 mile and the other shorts that I bought from DeSoto are very short in the legs. The other pair actually barely fit and they are the same size as that first pair I ordered. So, I'm a little disappointed in the size of both the 400 mile and the other pair I bought. Other then that, I love them.
Thanks for the feedback Brian. An older pair of tri or cycling shorts might be longer in length due to the stretch that happens in the fabric over time. We address this topic in a blog as it is a common concern. https://www.desotosport.com/blogs/did-you-know/new-tri-apparel-shouldn-t-feel-like-the-old. For future reference we list all inseam measurements by size on the product page (from crotch to end of inseam). Hope this helps your purchasing in the future.
Great pair of shorts great shop great experience, thanks DeSoto!
Really good. You guys make very functional and comfortable riding shorts.
These shorts are awesome! This morning I wore them for a twenty five mile trainer ride followed by a 5k run and they felt amazing the whole time. Sizing is true, quality is fantastic, I highly recommend these shorts to everyone!
MEN'S SIZING INFORMATION IMPERIAL/METRIC
|X-Small||< 5'6" in / <168 cm||135 lbs / 61 kg||22”-24” in / 56-61 cm||< 37” in / < 94 cm|
|Small||5’6”-5’8” in / 168-173 cm||145 lbs / 66 kg||24”-27” in / 61-69 cm||37”-39” in / 94-99 cm||< 34" in / < 86 cm|
|Medium||5'9" in / 175-180 cm||165 lbs / 75 kg||27”-32” in / 69-81 cm||39”-42” in / 99-107 cm||34"-38" in / 86-96 cm|
|Large||6'0" in / 183-188 cm||195 lbs / 88 kg||32”-35” in / 81-89 cm||42”-45” in / 107-114 cm||38"-42" in / 96-106 cm|
|X-Large||6'2" in / 191-196 cm||215 lbs / 98 kg||35”-41” in / 89-104 cm||45”-48” in / 114-122 cm||42"-47" in / 106-119 cm|
|XX-Large||6'5" in / 197 cm+||235 lbs / 107 kg||42” in + / 105 cm +||49” in + / 123 cm +||48" in + / 121 cm +|
The size chart above should serve as a general guide. If you would like assistance in determining the proper size, please send the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org.