400-Mile™ Cycling Short*
Emilio gave these bicycling shorts and bibs the "400-Mile" name from product testing consisting of 400 miles over 4 days. His logic was that many shorts feel fine for 100+ mile rides. The real question is how does that saddle feel when you get on the bike the next morning for another 100 miles...and the next morning? This was the inspiration for the design, the pad, and the name.
Sizing: Please refer to the size chart button above for sizing guidance.
Fit Type: Compressive
Fit Note - Please do not assume your size, please use our size chart. If in doubt, email questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Features and Benefits:
- We sewed the 14mm 400-Mile™ Pad into the short, versus on top of the short. This allows the pad to stretch more, and float; which means it can be used as a race piece in a triathlon. On the bike, the pad stretches with the short and follows your skin as it moves with every pedal stroke, eliminating the friction that can cause irritation or rashes.
- Seamless inner thigh eliminates friction against the saddle and thighs
- 11-panel bike short made of Forza Compressor fabric ensures a perfect fit, and targeted muscle support
- 3-inch Mobius™ Comfort Compression leg bands keep shorts in place without excess squeezing (no elastic!)
- Hi-rise, elastic waist and adjustable drawstring keeps the short up and protects you from low back sun exposure
- 3 pockets: one on each outer thigh and one center back pocket that fit cell phones, smart phones, fuel packets, and most sunglasses
- Curvilinear™ seamlines and contrast flatstitch highlight panel construction, create an attractive appearance and are extremely durable
- This environmentally-friendly innovation is completely free of solvents
- Not recommended for repeated use in a chlorinated pool
- Made in USA
Note - Shorter Leg Length than other brands: Have you seen the length of the shorts that riders have been wearing in Europe lately, especially in the Grand Tours? As opposed to most brands here in the states, which come just above the knees, our 400-Mile Shorts are comfortably shorter. Our inseam is similar to those currently used by the pros in the Grand Tours. They have no gripper elastic, yet stay in place and do not bind the legs.
- Small: 7.75" (19.69cm)
- Medium: 8.25" (20.96cm)
- Large: 8.75" (22.23cm)
- XLarge: 9.25" (23.50cm)
- Small: 16" (40.64cm)
- Medium: 17" (43.18cm)
- Large: 18" (45.72cm)
- XLarge: 19" (48.26cm)
Front Rise (measurement from center pad up to the top of the waistband):
- Small: 9"
- Medium: 9.5"
- Large: 10"
- XLarge: 10.5"
Rear Rise (measurement from center pad up to the backside of the waistband):
- Small: 15"
- Medium: 15.5"
- Large: 16"
- XLarge: 16.5"
PRODUCT CODE: BS3
We Also Recommend
they are treamendous
completely fixed the tattered tail syndrome (TTS) that i was having...highly recommend dw
400mile classic short
The 400 mile shorts are the best..I do not like the price BUT this is definitely a ‘get what you pay for’ situation..and well worth. The fit is good. Follow Desotos sizing recommendation. The classic pad perfectly placed. The waist high enough. I like the draw string! The 3 pockets are super handy for small items..think gels, tablets, butt creme. The material is sturdy, takes a fall without shredding..(not that you want to test that). I ‘save’ mine for long rides so will last several seasons..
The BEST bike short, PERIOD.
If you cycle you should have a pair of the DeSoto 400 mile shorts. This short is what all other brands wish they knew. The material will last for YEARS. I have them to prove it. The shorts are made very well. The shorts have side pockets and a rear pocket. Any pocket is capable of holding an iPhone X in a LifeProof case except the rear pocket. The pad is ultra comfortable for the long hours of training. There are no seams in the pad. The pad is also channeled to help with ventilation and staying cool and dry. I use a ISO Adamo saddle and the combination is good. These shorts will last a very long time if you take care of them. They will be your 'go to' shorts because they were designed by an athlete, you can tell. Thanks DeSoto!
Best short in my 10 years of cycling
I've been cycling since I was in high school, and I can honestly say this is one of the best made, high quality short I have used to date. I have a pair that have even lasted at least 5+ years. I use the pockets for my cell phone and nutrition. The pad is great for any training rides over an hour. The pad works fine if you use a ISO Adamo saddle. This is the short you will reach for, you will throw the others out. Have you tried the DeSoto Bib? Check it out too. Equally great short just in a bib. Thanks DeSoto !!
Awesome cycle shorts
I have tried many brands of cycle shorts but I haven’t found any that comes close to the 400 mile cycle shorts. I have to say I’m female, 5’5” and 130lbs. These are much better than any women’s product in the market. I own 3 pairs.
MEN'S SIZING INFORMATION IMPERIAL / METRIC
|X-Small||< 5'6" in / <168 cm||135 lbs / 61 kg||22”-24” in / 56-61 cm||< 37” in / < 94 cm|
|Small||5’6”-5’8” in / 168-173 cm||145 lbs / 66 kg||24”-27” in / 61-69 cm||37”-39” in / 94-99 cm||< 34" in / < 86 cm|
|Medium||5'9" in / 175-180 cm||165 lbs / 75 kg||27”-32” in / 69-81 cm||39”-42” in / 99-107 cm||34"-38" in / 86-96 cm|
|Large||6'0" in / 183-188 cm||195 lbs / 88 kg||32”-35” in / 81-89 cm||42”-45” in / 107-114 cm||38"-42" in / 96-106 cm|
|X-Large||6'2" in / 191-196 cm||215 lbs / 98 kg||35”-41” in / 89-104 cm||45”-48” in / 114-122 cm||42"-47" in / 106-119 cm|
|XX-Large||6'5" in / 197 cm+||235 lbs / 107 kg||42” in + / 105 cm +||49” in + / 123 cm +||48" in + / 121 cm +|