400-Mile™ Cycling Short*
Emilio gave these bicycling shorts and bibs the "400-Mile" name from product testing consisting of 400 miles over 4 days. His logic was that many shorts feel fine for 100+ mile rides. The real question is how does that saddle feel when you get on the bike the next morning for another 100 miles...and the next morning? This was the inspiration for the design, the pad, and the name.
Sizing: Please refer to the size chart button above for sizing guidance.
Fit Type: Compressive
Fit Note - Please do not assume your size, please use our size chart. If in doubt, email questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Features and Benefits:
- We sewed the 14mm 400-Mile™ Pad into the short, versus on top of the short. This allows the pad to stretch more, and float; which means it can be used as a race piece in a triathlon. On the bike, the pad stretches with the short and follows your skin as it moves with every pedal stroke, eliminating the friction that can cause irritation or rashes.
- Seamless inner thigh eliminates friction against the saddle and thighs
- 11-panel bike short made of Forza Compressor fabric ensures a perfect fit, and targeted muscle support
- 3-inch Mobius™ Comfort Compression leg bands keep shorts in place without excess squeezing (no elastic!)
- Hi-rise, elastic waist and adjustable drawstring keeps the short up and protects you from low back sun exposure
- 3 pockets: one on each outer thigh and one center back pocket that fit cell phones, smart phones, fuel packets, and most sunglasses
- Curvilinear™ seamlines and contrast flatstitch highlight panel construction, create an attractive appearance and are extremely durable
- This environmentally-friendly innovation is completely free of solvents
- Not recommended for repeated use in a chlorinated pool
- Made in USA
Note - Shorter Leg Length than other brands: Have you seen the length of the shorts that riders have been wearing in Europe lately, especially in the Grand Tours? As opposed to most brands here in the states, which come just above the knees, our 400-Mile Shorts are comfortably shorter. Our inseam is similar to those currently used by the pros in the Grand Tours. They have no gripper elastic, yet stay in place and do not bind the legs.
- Small: 7.75" (19.69cm)
- Medium: 8.25" (20.96cm)
- Large: 8.75" (22.23cm)
- XLarge: 9.25" (23.50cm)
- Small: 16" (40.64cm)
- Medium: 17" (43.18cm)
- Large: 18" (45.72cm)
- XLarge: 19" (48.26cm)
Front Rise (measurement from center pad up to the top of the waistband):
- Small: 9"
- Medium: 9.5"
- Large: 10"
- XLarge: 10.5"
Rear Rise (measurement from center pad up to the backside of the waistband):
- Small: 15"
- Medium: 15.5"
- Large: 16"
- XLarge: 16.5"
PRODUCT CODE: BS3
We Also Recommend
400-Mile Cycling Short
Very comfortable for long rides. Bought a second pair for back to back rides.
Tried every high end short/bib on the market, and many midrange products as well, and the 400-Mile series was where I landed. My wife went through a similar, if less arduous search, and landed here as well. Between us, we now have shorts/bibs from the 400-Mile line totaling 9 pieces.
Great comfort while riding
I was not able to find my 1st pair of 400 mile bike shorts after I moved. They are somewhere however, just have not found them. Purchased these and they are very comfortable during the rides I have taken thus far. I am sure TDF riders are wearing said shorts. If not then they should.
The highest quality bike shorts
best bike shorts I’ve ever worn!
400 Mile Cycling short
This cycling short is very nice. I purchased the medium. I have a 32-33 waist and it fit perfect. This short is cut slightly shorter so it wears slightly lower on the hips which is what I LOVE. (wish it was cut even lower) most other bike shorts wear way too high on me and I don't like the fit. These were good. Pocket on each side of the leg is also very handy. Just rode these shorts on a 70 mile ride last weekend in TORRENTIAL rain and wind. They performed wonderfully. Would recommend these to other cyclists.
MEN'S SIZING INFORMATION IMPERIAL/METRIC
|X-Small||< 5'6" in / <168 cm||135 lbs / 61 kg||22”-24” in / 56-61 cm||< 37” in / < 94 cm|
|Small||5’6”-5’8” in / 168-173 cm||145 lbs / 66 kg||24”-27” in / 61-69 cm||37”-39” in / 94-99 cm||< 34" in / < 86 cm|
|Medium||5'9" in / 175-180 cm||165 lbs / 75 kg||27”-32” in / 69-81 cm||39”-42” in / 99-107 cm||34"-38" in / 86-96 cm|
|Large||6'0" in / 183-188 cm||195 lbs / 88 kg||32”-35” in / 81-89 cm||42”-45” in / 107-114 cm||38"-42" in / 96-106 cm|
|X-Large||6'2" in / 191-196 cm||215 lbs / 98 kg||35”-41” in / 89-104 cm||45”-48” in / 114-122 cm||42"-47" in / 106-119 cm|
|XX-Large||6'5" in / 197 cm+||235 lbs / 107 kg||42” in + / 105 cm +||49” in + / 123 cm +||48" in + / 121 cm +|
The size chart above should serve as a general guide. If you would like assistance in determining the proper size, please send the following information to email@example.com.