WOMEN'S 400-Mile™ CYCLING SHORT*
Our redesigned Femme 400-Mile short will provide ultimate comfort in the saddle. We increased the pad thickness from 6mm to 14mm and kept all the same great features you loved in the prior model.
Sizing: Please refer to the size chart button above for sizing guidance.
Fit Type: Form-Fitted
Fit Note: Please do not assume your size is the same as previous years, please use our size chart and if in doubt, email us at: email@example.com. Bike shorts are meant to fit tight, next-to-skin. This is to eliminate potential chafing. If you’re not comfortable with this type of fit and or are between sizes, we recommend sizing up. Garment will fit the most snug the first time you put it on, it will relax slightly once wet.
- Updated Femme 400-Mile Pad is now 14mm in thickness to provide supple comfort while in the saddle. Pad is still antimicrobial, moisture-wicking and quick drying. It conforms to your body with 4-way stretch and seams are strategically placed away from contact points to reduce the potential of chafing.
- We sewed the pad into the short, versus on top of the short. This allows the pad to stretch more, and float; which means it can be used as a race piece in a triathlon. On the bike, the pad stretches with the short and follows your skin as it moves with every pedal stroke, eliminating the friction that can cause irritation or rashes.
- Wideband elastic wraps around the backside to keep the short up and soft non-elasticized fabric is placed in the front for complete comfort while in the riding position = 2/3 comfort waistband eliminates pressure on the GI
- Please see image to the left - the elastic has been extended an inch towards the center so it does not hit the hip bone. We added a drawcord to allow adjustability, but if you prefer the short without it's easily removable. Note - If you like the drawcord we recommend knotting it prior to washing.
Features and Benefits:
- Mobius™ Comfort Compression fabric offers supportive compression without the "squeeze", creating a very flattering appearance
- You asked, we answered! - We strategically placed Liftfoil™ hydrophobic fabric for long-life durability
- Two leg pockets to safely store riding essentials with easy, quick access
- Center back pocket to store larger belongings such as a iphone
- Microlock™ contrast stitching yield an eloquent appearance while offering great durability
- Designed and created by women.
- Made in the USA.
- Sizes XL and XXL qualify for our Biggest Winner promotion. Buy this item at full price and if you need to size down within 2 years we’ll give you a 50% discount on a smaller size. Read more here - Biggest Winner
- XSmall: 7" (17.75cm)
- Small: 7.5" (19cm)
- Medium: 8" (20.25cm)
- Large: 8.5" (21.5cm)
- XLarge: 9" (22.75cm)
- 2X-Large: 9.5" (24.13cm)
- XSmall: 13.5" (34.29cm)
- Small: 14.5" (36.83cm)
- Medium: 15.5" (39.37cm)
- Large: 16.5" (41.91cm)
- XLarge: 17.5" (45.09cm)
- 2X-Large: 18.5" (46.99cm)
Front Rise (measurement from center pad up to the top of the waistband):
- XSmall: 9.75
- Small: 10.25
- Medium: 10.75
- Large: 11.25
- XLarge: 11.75
- 2X-Large: 12.25
Rear Rise (measurement from center pad up to the backside of the waistband):
- XSmall: 13
- Small: 13.5
- Medium: 14
- Large: 14.5
- XLarge: 15
- 2X-Large: 15.5
PRODUCT CODE: WB3
We Also Recommend
My first pair of 400 mile shorts were worn until the inner thigh seam rubbed through. They had lightly ribbed fabric and a thin elastic waist. And I liked them. My second pair of 400 mile shorts just never fit as well as the first - they had been redesigned - the fabric was different, the waist was different. They tended to roll down in the front waistband. I just wasn't as big of a fan of the 2nd pair I bought. But I kept wearing them, as they were still my most comfortable shorts to race in. Now the 3rd pair, redesigned again. I can now honestly say the changes are great. At first I thought the pad, now thicker, was going to be an issue. It felt too wide and baggy. I felt like I was wearing a baggy diaper. I was worried I would chafe while running. I wore them on 3 training rides and I have to admit, the waist is better than both the previous models, and the extra padding really did feel better. Still I had my concerns with how they would work on the run. I can tell you, I finally raced in them, and these shorts were absolutely fine. I didn't notice that pad at all. The waist is high enough I don't get that horrible muffin top that so many other tri shorts give. I wear these for training & Adventure Racing. Triathlon shorts are the shorts of choice for adventure racing, however the pockets on most tri shorts are just too small to stash items in. These shorts have 3 perfectly sized pockets. Large enough pockets to hold extra food, compass, punch card, etc. I did size up in these shorts based on the size chart and I think that was a good choice. If you want to see these shorts in photographic action, you can check them out on Instagram @ Midwestgal73
Thank you for making these shorts, I absolutely love them. I have had previous styles of this short but (by far) this one is my favorite. The pad is thicker than previous shorts but you get used to the difference right away. DeSoto knows how to make great products and these shorts are one of their bests.
I have been wearing these shorts for a few months now and they are terrific. They fit comfortably and have excellent compression throughout, but they are not too tight around my thighs. The chamois offers just the right amount of padding for longer rides without feeling bulky when off my bike. I had been wearing cycling shorts from other manufacturers and experienced nerve pain in my hip on long rides, which I attributed to bike fit issues. However, the pain is nonexistent when I ride with my 400-mile shorts. Thank you De Soto Sport!
I initially bought 2 pairs of shorts, but had an issue with one of them that was my fault and not due to the design or material of the shorts. I reached out to De Soto, and Tracy De Soto herself explained why the issue happened and what I could do to fix it. She sent me a brand-new pair of replacement shorts despite the fact that the problem was me and not the shorts! De Soto has earned a customer for life!
Excellent cycling shorts. Great fit and comfort for long rides.
WOMEN'S SIZING INFORMATION IMPERIAL / METRIC
|X-Small||31"- 33"in / <79 - 84 cm||22"- 24" in / 56 - 61 cm||30”- 33” in / 76 - 84 cm|
|Small||34"- 36" in / 86 - 91 cm||25"- 27" in / 65 - 69 cm||34”- 35” in / 86 - 89 cm|
|Medium||37"-39" in / 94 - 99 cm||28"-30" in / 70 - 77 cm||36”- 38” in / 91 - 97 cm|
|Large||40"- 42" in / 101 - 107 cm||31"- 33" in / 79 - 84 cm||39”- 41” in / 99 - 104 cm|
|X-Large||42"- 44" in / 107 - 112 cm||34"-36" in / 86 - 91 cm||42”- 44” in / 107 - 112 cm|
|XX-Large||44"+ in / 112 cm +||36"- 38" in / 92 - 97 cm||44”- 46" in / 112 - 117 cm|
The size chart above should serve as a general guide. If you would like assistance in determining the proper size, please send the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org.