SKIN COOLER FULL ZIP TRI TOP - SHORT SLEEVE - 2017*
This 2017 model replaces the 2016 Riviera Sleeved Tri Top (RJVSDS).
This is a sleeved version of model number FSC. It is our most technologically advanced top. It is the best that money can buy. It has a blend of two very light fabrics, with the entire back and sleeves made of the same fabric as our Arm Coolers.
- Made of Skin Cooler Octovent™ in front and sides panels.
- Made of Skin Cooler 90™ on entire back, sleeve and neckline collar.
- Both Skin Cooler fabrics block 90% of UVB rays while lowering body temperature. Read below for details.
- Full-front YKK® zipper with bottom "zipper garage."
- 3 back pockets so you can wear it while bicycling, running , racing or training.
- Works well for swimming when worn under a wetsuit.
- Skin Cooler 90 sleeves designed for more comfort when in the aero position.
- Strong yet soft constrast flatstitch.
- Not recommended for repeated use in a chlorinated pool.
- Though it has pocket, this is top can be worn without a wetsuit with minimal additional drag, but we do not guarantee it to work well for everyone.
What is Skin Cooler 90™ and Skin Cooler Octovent™?
Skin Cooler 90™ is an improved version of Skin Cooler SDS™. It still has the same silky cold sensation and offers the same sun protection, it is now more durable and more aerodynamic.
In addition to the smooth, silky fabric we introduced in 2014, in this garment, we also use Skin Cooler Octovent™, which is created by knitting small octagonal patterns that offer more cooling in the front of a garment. You will find our new tops that combine these fabrics to be cooler and offer more sun protection, while actually being 40% lighter in weight.
When the human body gets hot, it sweats to cool itself. In the past, other brands have tried to help that process by developing fabrics that wick moisture away from the skin and expedite evaporation. For over 10 years now, De Soto has taken this concept a step further by using that moisture to create a cooling effect. YES! WE WANT YOU WET. Skin Cooler™ works by a series of channels knitted into light fabric. As these channels get wet, they absorb moisture and swell, which dissipates the heat making the fabric against your skin actually cooler. How much cooler depends on factors including airflow, humidity, ambient temperature, and moisture temperature. When you sweat, the garment’s temperature drops and creates an actual cooling sensation. Skin Cooler 90™ offers this cooling effect while offering even more sun protection.
Even though Skin Cooler 90 blocks 90% of UVB rays, we always recommend you wear sunscreen underneath these products. It is crucial to keep in mind that a sunscreen’s SPF/UPF rating refers only to its ability to protect skin from UVB radiation. Because we know that UVA damage can be just as insidious, it is essential for the health of your skin that you use a sunscreen that contains the UVA-protecting ingredients of titanium dioxide, zinc oxide, and/or avobenzone.
DO THE COLORED FABRICS OR THE PARTS WITH LOGOS AFFECT THE COOLING?
NO! No matter what the color is of the Skin Cooler Products or the logos on the outside, you will notice that the fabric on the inside is still all white. The reason is that the sublimation process we use to place our logos or any other color on our fabric, turns the ink into a gas that adheres only to the outside of the fabric. Therefore this ink is non-absorbent and does not affect the technical integrity of the product in any way. So the colored parts of the products will keep you just as cool as the white.
PRODUCT CODE: FVSC
We Also Recommend