COOLHEAD™ - Skin Cooler 90 Balaclava*
The CoolHead™ is a Skin Cooler Balaclava. It is a hood you can wear with any top to help keep you cool and to protect you from the sun's harmful rays.
Features and Benefits:
- Made of Skin Cooler 90™ stretch fabric. It blocks 90% UVB rays, is breathable, and creates a "cooling" sensation when wet
- Full head, neck, and face coverage of forehead, temples, jaw, and chin
- Ponytail fly-opening at the back neck base makes this male/female interchangeable
- Tucks into the neck of most tops, shirts, and jerseys
- Wear in comfort under helmets, running caps, and shading hats
- Can be left on around the neck and pulled up like any hooded top
- Works exceptionally well to cool you during athletic activities and watching sporting events outdoors in the sun.
- We are often imitated. Remember just because it is white, it does not mean the fabric will cool you. Be sure it is Skin Cooler™. Read on!
What makes ours different? Our Skin Cooler fiber is designed to feel and perform like silk (from a silkworm). Through Biomimicry, we took the virtues of this natural fiber and created a synthetic silk. It will keep you cool in hot weather and cooler when it is wet. Put it on and you will instantly feel the cool sensation. Wet it and you will notice a drop in the surface temperature of the skin between 7 and 10 degrees.
A MEDICAL TESTIM0NIAL: We received this letter from Dermatologist and Mohs Surgeon Dr. Michael Bax.*
I am an avid runner and triathlete and I recently discovered your Skin Cooler products, of which I'm a huge fan. I have been wearing them for a few months now and couldn't be happier. I am a dermatologist and Mohs surgeon at Roswell Park Cancer Institute in Buffalo, NY. Every patient I see is plagued by basal cell carcinoma, squamous cell carcinoma, or melanoma. I recommend your products to my active patients on a daily basis. It allows them to continue their active lifestyle while protecting themselves from the sun. I find your product to be far superior to all other cooling and sun protective lines. I truly appreciate your efforts and innovations.
Michael Bax, MD
Roswell Park Cancer Institute
Scott Bieler Clinical Science Center
Buffalo, New York
***Dr. Bax has no financial investment in De Soto Sport and was not solicited nor compensated in any way for his letter.
Note: No garment should ever be a substitute so we always recommend you wear sunscreen underneath these, and all, products. It is crucial to keep in mind that a sunscreen's (whichever brand you may choose) SPF/UPF rating refers only to its ability to protect skin from UVB radiation. Because we know that UVA damage can be just as insidious, it is essential for the health of your skin that you use a sunscreen that contains the UVA-protecting ingredients of titanium dioxide or zinc oxide.
PRODUCT CODE: BCSC
We Also Recommend