400-Mile™ Cycling Bib Short - 2017*
Not a fan of the Ceramico Pad? We have the bib you want with the original 400-Mile™ pad we had in our bibs before we introduced the Ceramico Pad.
Please refer to the size chart image on the left to determine your accurate size.
Fit Note - Customer feedback suggests ordering one size down from your DeSoto Trisuit size. The 400-Mile™ Cycling Bib Short is not as compressive as our Forza Trisuit.
- 14mm 400-Mile™ Pad sewn into the short. This pad stretches more, and it floats which means it can be used as a race piece in a triathlon. On the bike, the pad stretches with the short and follows your skin as it moves with every pedal stroke, eliminating the friction that can cause irritation or rashes.
- Seamless inner thigh eliminates friction against saddle and thighs
- 13-panel bib short made of Forza Compressor Fabric (see Fabric Facts)
- 3-inch two-piece Mobius™ Comfort Compression leg bands (read details below)
- Liquid Mesh™ bibs straps to keep you cool.
- Shorter Leg Length than other brands: Have you seen the length of the bibs that riders have been wearing in Europe lately especially in the Grand Tours? As opposed to most brands here in the states, which come just above the knees, our 400-Mile Bibshorts are comfortably shorter like those currently used by the pros in the Grand Tours, and they have no gripper elastic, yet stay in place and do not bind the legs.
- Midsection Support – Our bibs come up a bit higher on the sides than other brands, to cover and tuck in the obliques and abdomen. This offers a slimmer appearance and nice support around the mid-section.
- 3 pockets: one one each outer thigh and one center back pocket that fit cell phones, smart phones, fuel packets, and most sunglasses. If you never use them, you will never know they are there. But you will wonder how you could have lived without them.
- Curvilinear™ seamlines, contrast flatstitch, and the 400-Mile™ Pad make it the most comfortable bibshort on the market, regardless of price.
- This environmentally-friendly innovation is completely free of solvents
- Not recommended for repeated use in a chlorinated pool
Emilio gave these bicycling shorts and bibs the "400-Mile" name from product testing consisting of 400 miles over 4 days. His logic was that many shorts feel fine for 100+ mile rides. The real question is how does that saddle feel when you get on the bike the next morning for another 100 miles...and the next morning? This was the inspiration for the design, the pad, and the name.
WHAT IS MOBIUS COMFORT COMPRESSION?
A Mobius Strip is a surface with only one side and one boundary. Mobius™ Comfort is our new form-fitting, yet non-binding compressive fabric. The knit we created when blending fibers make repeated mobius loops so that the same surface, stretch, and rebound is on both sides of the fabric and in equal direction. You will notice comfort and support without constriction, opacity without unnecessary weight, and durability from a very smooth surface on both sides. In addition to this bib made entirely of this fabric, you will find Mobius Comfort Leg Bands on all our trishorts, bike shorts, and bib shorts.
WHAT ARE THE DIFFERENCES BETWEEN THE 400-MILE BIB SHORT AND THE MOBIUS CYCLING BIB?
The Pad is the same in both:
- The 400-Mile Bib Short and The Mobius Cycling Bib have our Clasico 400-Mile Pad - where the pad is just sewn into the short in the traditional way and there is fabric between the pad and the bicycle saddle.
- The 400-Mile Cycling Bib is made of Forza Compressor Fabric with Liftfoil center panels - this fabric offers a nice snug compression for the ultimate benefits of muscle support, in delay of onset of fatigue and accelerated recovery.
- The Mobius Cycling Bib is made of Mobius Comfort Compression Fabric throughout - this fabric is a little more stretchy, but it still offers some support and compression benefits.
- The 400-Mile Pad on both of the above is 14mm thick.
- Both Bibshorts have the same pockets in 3 locations
- Both Bibshorts have same 3-inch legbands made of Mobius Comfort Compression which eliminates the “sausage leg_ squeeze found in other brands.
400-Mile Clasico™ Pad Dimensions:
- Max Thickness: .55" (14mm)
- Min Thickness: .05" (1.25mm)
- Total Length: 13.75" (35cm)
- Front Max Width: 6.125" (15.5cm)
- Waist Width - most narrow point: 5.375" (13.5cm)
- Back Max Width: 9.25" (23.5cm)
- Small: 8.75" (22.23cm)
- Medium: 9.25" (23.5cm)
- Large: 9.75" (24.77cm)
- XLarge: 10.25" (26.04cm)
- XXLarge: 10.75" (27.31cm)
- XXL available in Solid Black only.
- Small: 22" (55.88cm)
- Medium: 23" (58.42cm)
- Large: 24" (60.96cm)
- XLarge: 25" (63.5cm)
- XXLarge: 26" (66.04m)
- XXL available in Solid Black only.
PRODUCT CODE: BB3
We Also Recommend