400-MILE™ CYCLING BIB*
This is the bib you want with the original 400-Mile™ pad that has made this our single best-seller.
Emilio gave these bicycling shorts and bibs the "400-Mile" name from product testing consisting of 400 miles over 4 days. His logic was that many shorts feel fine for 100+ mile rides. The real question is how does that saddle feel when you get on the bike the next morning for another 100 miles...and the next morning? This was the inspiration for the design, the pad, and the name.
Sizing: Please refer to the size chart button above for sizing guidance.
Fit Type: Compressive
Fit Note - Customer feedback suggests ordering one size down from your DeSoto Trisuit size. The 400-Mile™ Cycling Bib Short is not as compressive as our Forza Trisuit. If in doubt email us at email@example.com
- We sewed the 14mm 400-Mile Pad™ Pad into the short, versus on top of the short. This allows the pad to stretch more, and float; which means it can be used as a race piece in a triathlon. On the bike, the pad stretches with the short and follows your skin as it moves with every pedal stroke, eliminating the friction that can cause irritation or rashes.
- Seamless inner thigh eliminates friction against the saddle and thighs
- 13-panel bib short made of Forza Compressor fabric ensures a perfect fit, and targeted muscle support
- 3-inch Mobius™ Comfort Compression leg bands keep shorts in place without excess squeezing (no elastic!)
- Liquid Mesh™ bibs straps keep you cool
- Midsection Support – Our bibs come up a bit higher on the sides than other brands, to cover and tuck in obliques and abdomen. This provides a slimmer appearance and nice support around the mid-section.
- 3 pockets: one on each outer thigh and one center back pocket that fit cell phones, smart phones, fuel packets, and most sunglasses
- Curvilinear™ seamlines and contrast flatstitch highlight panel construction, create an attractive appearance and are extremely durable
- Environmentally-friendly and completely free of solvents
- Not recommended for repeated use in a chlorinated pool
- Made in USA
WHAT ARE THE DIFFERENCES BETWEEN THE 400-MILE BIB SHORT AND THE MOBIUS CYCLING BIB?
- The 400-Mile Cycling Bib is made of Forza Compressor Fabric with Liftfoil3 center panels - this fabric offers a nice snug compression for the ultimate benefits of muscle support, in delay of onset of fatigue and accelerated recovery.
- The Mobius Cycling Bib is made of Mobius Comfort Compression Fabric throughout - this fabric is a little more stretchy, but it still offers some support and compression benefits.
- The 400-Mile Pad on both of the above is 14mm thick
- Both Bibshorts have the same pockets in 3 locations
- Both Bibshorts have same 3-inch leg bands made of Mobius Comfort Compression which eliminates the “sausage leg" squeeze found in other brands.
- Small: 8.75" (22.23cm)
- Medium: 9.25" (23.5cm)
- Large: 9.75" (24.77cm)
- XLarge: 10.25" (26.04cm)
- XXLarge: 10.75" (27.31cm)
- 2XL available in Solid Black only
Inseam Note - Shorter Leg Length than other brands: Have you seen the length of the shorts that riders have been wearing in Europe lately, especially in the Grand Tours? As opposed to most brands here in the states, which come just above the knees, our shorts are comfortably shorter. Our inseam is similar to those currently used by the pros in the Grand Tours. They have no gripper elastic, yet stay in place and do not bind or squeeze the legs, which is crucial once you get to the run segment of a triathlon.
PRODUCT CODE: BB3
Simply The Best!
Over the last several years, these 400 mile bib-shorts have been my only “go to” for logging 150+ miles per week. On road, off-road, mountain bike… Doesn’t matter. they are the perfect combination of comfort, support, and technical superiority. The best thing I can say about them is that you simply forget you’re wearing them. It’s the only thing I own in this category… A++
These shorts fit great, last long, and - can take punishment. I had three pretty tough crashes at this year’s Belgian Waffle Ride. Broke my thumb, filleted both knees - but these shorts held up. You can’t even tell that I crashed. Been using them for a few years - when a pair that I ordered never arrived (was stolen off the front porch) Customer Service sent me another pair for free. Since that occurrence three years ago, De Soto is the only cycling wear that I buy.
Still the best long distance bib I have found
I have purchased a pair of these every other cycling season (or there about) and have been consistently impressed by the way these bibs age. Despite being pretty hard on them and not really sticking to their washing instructions as much as I should they have held up very well, they retain most of the compression, the padding stays fluffy and centrally located. I have not has as much as a broken seam thread in 5 years ( and if there is an issue DeSoto's repair team is impressively fast). I recommend these to everyone I know that I know. The quality justifies the investment many times over in my experience.
These bib shorts hold up well and the sham is super comfortable. No irritation. No rubbing. Second pair. Always wait for the sale and then jump on it
400 mile bib shorts
Best item and fit true to size , this is my second piece and works very well