400-MILE™ CYCLING BIB*
This is the bib you want with the original 400-Mile™ pad that has made this our single best-seller.
Emilio gave these bicycling shorts and bibs the "400-Mile" name from product testing consisting of 400 miles over 4 days. His logic was that many shorts feel fine for 100+ mile rides. The real question is how does that saddle feel when you get on the bike the next morning for another 100 miles...and the next morning? This was the inspiration for the design, the pad, and the name.
Sizing: Please refer to the size chart button above for sizing guidance.
Fit Type: Compressive
Fit Note - Customer feedback suggests ordering one size down from your DeSoto Trisuit size. The 400-Mile™ Cycling Bib Short is not as compressive as our Forza Trisuit. If in doubt email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- We sewed the 14mm 400-Mile Pad™ Pad into the short, versus on top of the short. This allows the pad to stretch more, and float; which means it can be used as a race piece in a triathlon. On the bike, the pad stretches with the short and follows your skin as it moves with every pedal stroke, eliminating the friction that can cause irritation or rashes.
- Seamless inner thigh eliminates friction against the saddle and thighs
- 13-panel bib short made of Forza Compressor fabric ensures a perfect fit, and targeted muscle support
- 3-inch Mobius™ Comfort Compression leg bands keep shorts in place without excess squeezing (no elastic!)
- Liquid Mesh™ bibs straps keep you cool
- Midsection Support – Our bibs come up a bit higher on the sides than other brands, to cover and tuck in obliques and abdomen. This provides a slimmer appearance and nice support around the mid-section.
- 3 pockets: one on each outer thigh and one center back pocket that fit cell phones, smart phones, fuel packets, and most sunglasses
- Curvilinear™ seamlines and contrast flatstitch highlight panel construction, create an attractive appearance and are extremely durable
- Environmentally-friendly and completely free of solvents
- Not recommended for repeated use in a chlorinated pool
- Made in USA
WHAT ARE THE DIFFERENCES BETWEEN THE 400-MILE BIB SHORT AND THE MOBIUS CYCLING BIB?
- The 400-Mile Cycling Bib is made of Forza Compressor Fabric with Liftfoil3 center panels - this fabric offers a nice snug compression for the ultimate benefits of muscle support, in delay of onset of fatigue and accelerated recovery.
- The Mobius Cycling Bib is made of Mobius Comfort Compression Fabric throughout - this fabric is a little more stretchy, but it still offers some support and compression benefits.
- The 400-Mile Pad on both of the above is 14mm thick
- Both Bibshorts have the same pockets in 3 locations
- Both Bibshorts have same 3-inch leg bands made of Mobius Comfort Compression which eliminates the “sausage leg" squeeze found in other brands.
Note - Shorter Leg Length than other brands: Have you seen the length of the shorts that riders have been wearing in Europe lately, especially in the Grand Tours? As opposed to most brands here in the states, which come just above the knees, our 400-Mile Shorts are comfortably shorter. Our inseam is similar to those currently used by the pros in the Grand Tours. They have no gripper elastic, yet stay in place and do not bind or squeeze the legs.
- Small: 8.75" (22.23cm)
- Medium: 9.25" (23.5cm)
- Large: 9.75" (24.77cm)
- XLarge: 10.25" (26.04cm)
- XXLarge: 10.75" (27.31cm)
- 2XL available in Solid Black only
PRODUCT CODE: BB3
We Also Recommend
Excellent bibs. I have a pair from 2010, and the latest version performs just as well. Often used for long days (8-12 hrs) bikepacking. The only upgrade I can see possible, would be the addition of a ‘fly’ much like the Riviera Tr Bib.
These bib shorts are the ones you want for your rides!
2nd pair because i shredded my first in an accident. Ive worn these for long days, ironman, they are my favorite bibs i own.
They fit like a glove, great padding but not bulky. I’m going to purchase another pair
I was very excited to get a pair of DeSoto bibs. They came highly recommended by one of my most respected cycling teammates. The material is high quality and sturdy. The one thing I don't like is there is no rubber lining around the bottom of the legs. The bibs tend to wrinkle and hike up my quads during a long ride. I live in San Francisco and most of my rides are in the cold while I'm wearing knee warmers. The legs on these bibs hike up especially easily while on top of the knee warmers. I’ll still wear the DeSotos since they were so expensive but it’s a hassle (and unsafe) to have to pull down the legs while riding. I was hoping to be happier with these bibs but I’m not. Maybe future versions would have some kind of lining to prevent this.
Thanks for your feedback. The rare times we get this complaint, the customer was typically in the wrong size, in that they bought a size larger than they should have. We would be happy to work with you in figuring this out in your situation. We take great pride in making sure all our customers are fitted into the correct size. In order to do this it would be most helpful if you would provide us with as the following information as specified below: HEIGHT WEIGHT (accuracy helps us provide a more accurate size for you) CHEST (measured as the largest part of circumference right over the pectoral muscle) WAIST (circumference measured at the belly-button line - this is NOT the same as your pants waist size) HIPS (circumference measured at the widest point, NOT at your hips where your belt may go. typically this will measure just a few inches below your hips bones and around the largest part of the glutes) Our size chart is designed to compare the 5 measurements (HEIGHT, WEIGHT, CHEST, WAIST AND HIPS) with the understanding that one cannot accurately look at just a few of the measurements and conclude the size. Instead, the size chart was derived by algorithms we have created based on the requested measurements from thousands of customers who have ordered from us over the past 31 years. If you do not have a tape measure and you need something to measure with, use a belt or even your iPhone power cord along with a ruler or a house tape measure. I look forward to hearing from you, Katie Katie@desotosport.com
MEN'S SIZING INFORMATION IMPERIAL/METRIC
|X-Small||< 5'6" in / <168 cm||135 lbs / 61 kg||22”-24” in / 56-61 cm||< 37” in / < 94 cm|
|Small||5’6”-5’8” in / 168-173 cm||145 lbs / 66 kg||24”-27” in / 61-69 cm||37”-39” in / 94-99 cm||< 34" in / < 86 cm|
|Medium||5'9" in / 175-180 cm||165 lbs / 75 kg||27”-32” in / 69-81 cm||39”-42” in / 99-107 cm||34"-38" in / 86-96 cm|
|Large||6'0" in / 183-188 cm||195 lbs / 88 kg||32”-35” in / 81-89 cm||42”-45” in / 107-114 cm||38"-42" in / 96-106 cm|
|X-Large||6'2" in / 191-196 cm||215 lbs / 98 kg||35”-41” in / 89-104 cm||45”-48” in / 114-122 cm||42"-47" in / 106-119 cm|
|XX-Large||6'5" in / 197 cm+||235 lbs / 107 kg||42” in + / 105 cm +||49” in + / 123 cm +||48" in + / 121 cm +|
The size chart above should serve as a general guide. If you would like assistance in determining the proper size, please send the following information to email@example.com.