Disruptions in the global supply chain and freight transport are affecting us in the few products we do not make in the USA. This product is among those few. Order yours now before we sell out!
The Speedtube™ was invented by Emilio De Soto in 2004. While he loved the benefits of swimming faster in a full wetsuit, he felt too warm and claustrophobic. After careful research and testing on how to achieve wetsuit buoyancy without losing speed, the Speedtube was born. The Speedtube floats the hips without sacrificing torso rotation and the natural stroke motion, resulting in better swimming technique. Perfect for racing, training or a replacement for your swim buoy.
Sizing : Please refer to the size chart button above for sizing guidance based on gender. If in doubt, email questions to email@example.com.
The Speedtube and all individual T1 Wetsuit pieces are completely legal under the rules set by ITU, WTC, USAT and all other governing bodies. It can only be worn in races that permit wetsuits.
The two-piece design of the T1 Wetsuits offers more comfort and less restriction. Because the top and bottom are not attached, you have much more freedom of movement and there is no “torso-rubber stretch” or shoulder fatigue that occurs with one-piece wetsuits. All T1 models are sold as separates for a more customized and personal fit. With up to seven sizes of tops and bottoms, you have 49 possible size combinations from which to choose. Other features we innovated many years ago include lower necklines and thicker rubber in the legs and hips to help float the largest bones and muscles in the body. More floatation here means more speed. T1 Wetsuits are not filled with gimmicks, just physics.
- Less-toxic bonding agent for people with skin sensitivities
Favorite Features Remain:
- 5-panel contour design for an exceptional fit
- Seams are glued and blind-stitched, making them more durable than the rubber itself
- 5mm GreenGoma™ #8 Rubber with Super Composite Skin for maximum buoyancy without compromising speed
- Shin cut high for easy fitting and removal
- Heavy duty drawstring waist allows adjustability
- Lined with 4-Way stretch Nylon Lycra® for comfort and to minimize chafing
- Can be worn alone or with any First Wave or Black Pearl Pullovers and Vests
- Sleek graphics, no gimmicks
- Sold as separates for a truly customized fit
- Sustainability is extremely important to De Soto, click here to learn how we are making a difference
- T1 Wetsuits 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
- T1 Wetsuit product care and FAQs
- Chlorine resistant treatment, but not recommend for repeated use in chlorinated water
Made for swimmers and triathletes who:
- have a weak kick and want maximum hip flotation
- overheat easily in other wetsuits
Whether you like to swim for exercise or are on the swim course of a Triathlon, T1 Wetsuits offer you speed, comfort and buoyancy that will make swimming pure pleasure!
PRODUCT CODE: ST3
I hate the restriction of a full suit on my swimming so I gave the speedtube a shot. It fit and worked great. I would recommend to any ocean swimmer who wants to add a little warmth and buoyancy to his/her swim.
They work well.
This is my second T1 Speedtube. I had one for years that I just eventually wore out, probably by letting the ocean water eat it away. There was no question that I was going to replace it with the same thing. I get plenty of lower body buoyancy, and plenty of warmth. I've worn this without anything on top through several winters in La Jolla, and it does the trick.
I get extremely claustrophobic in a wetsuit and usually end up unable to breathe or wheezing. I’ve been wearing swim skins instead. I decided to give these a try to give myself the wetsuit edge most other triathletes have, and I couldn’t be happier. These provide the perfect leg flotation and balance with non of the concern for upper body constriction—and are MUCH faster to strip than a full suit. I’m so happy DeSoto provide a two piece option.