SKIN COOLER SHORT SLEEVE TOP*
You asked and we listened. We took our famous long sleeve Skin Cooler top (LSSC) and trimmed the sleeves. Perfect for racing OR as a base layer under a dress shirt. De Soto Sport - keeping you cool and comfortable where ever the day may take you.
Sizing: Please refer to the size chart button above for sizing guidance.
Fit Type: Form fitting
Fit Note: Please do not assume your size, please use our size chart. If in doubt, email questions to firstname.lastname@example.org. Triathlon apparel is meant to fit next-to-skin. This is to eliminate potential chafing, and unnecessary drag during the swim, bike and run. If you’re not comfortable with this type of fit and or are between sizes, we recommend sizing up. Garment will fit the most snug the first time you put it on, it will relax slightly once wet.
Features and Benefits:
- Skin Cooler 90™ stretch fabric blocks 90% UVB rays while creating a cooling sensation that actually keeps you cooler
- Cooling technology is embedded in the fabric and will NOT wash out, contrast difference to many other "like" products on the market
- Our longest length top for those with long torsos or in need of more coverage
- Curved-tail™ front and back for comfort tucked in or untucked
- A great short sleeve triathlon top; next-to-skin, zipperless
- Pair with our Arm Coolers for convertible protection
- The best first layer under a dress shirt with a suit and tie
- Offset seams eliminate the potential to chafe
- Three vertical pockets for nutrition gels, ice, or cold sponges commonly available at aid stations in triathlons and long endurance races. Pockets line up along your spine and are designed to help your cool your body.
- You might be use to only using the lower pocket of your current jersey, but you will quickly find the upper pocket to be great for carrying sunglasses, a cell phone or your mp3 player
- The center pocket may require the help of the aid station or a bit more flexibility on the part of the wearer
- The pockets are not designed to carry excessive weight such as water bottles, gel flasks, or any comparable weight
- This is not a compression garment, yet it is supposed to fit snug, for aerodynamic purposes or as a base layer under dress attire
- This garment is not designed for repeated use in a chlorinated pool.
- Made in the USA
- We are often imitated. Remember just because it is white, it does not mean the fabric will cool you. READ ON!
What makes ours different? Our Skin Cooler fiber is designed to feel and perform like silk (from a silkworm). Through Biomimicry, we took the virtues of this natural fiber and created a synthetic silk. It will keep you cool in hot weather and cooler when it is wet. Put it on and you will instantly feel the cool sensation. Wet it and you will notice a drop in the surface temperature of the skin between 7 and 10 degrees.
A MEDICAL TESTIM0NIAL: We received this letter from a respected Dermatologist and Mohs Surgeon:
I am an avid runner and triathlete and I recently discovered your Skin Cooler products, of which I'm a huge fan. I have been wearing them for a few months now and couldn't be happier. I am a dermatologist and Mohs surgeon. Every patient I see is plagued by basal cell carcinoma, squamous cell carcinoma, or melanoma. I recommend your products to my active patients on a daily basis. It allows them to continue their active lifestyle while protecting themselves from the sun. I find your product to be far superior to all other cooling and sun protective lines. I truly appreciate your efforts and innovations.Note: No garment should ever be a substitute so we always recommend you wear sunscreen underneath these, and all, products. It is crucial to keep in mind that a sunscreen's (whichever brand you may choose) SPF/UPF rating refers only to its ability to protect skin from UVB radiation. Because we know that UVA damage can be just as insidious, it is essential for the health of your skin that you use a sunscreen that contains the UVA-protecting ingredients of titanium dioxide or zinc oxide.
PRODUCT CODE: SVSC
We Also Recommend
I had a tri coach tell me these shirts are too hot when they are dry…with continuous 100 degree days, I broke down and bought one…best purchase ever…it’s super hard to stay dry when you’re running…not only did I feel cooler, the fit was perfect…I felt covered, the shirt didn’t constantly move, it didn’t feel snug, and it feels like a great athletic top without the overexposure of a tri top…love it…
Love DeSoto’s skin cooler tops…long AND short sleeve. My GO TO for cycling and running.
I purchased the long-sleeve version of this top and liked the fit/cut so much that I then purchased the short-sleeve version. The sleeve cuffs on the short-sleeve top add a nice design aesthetic. There are two things that affected my experience with this shirt. Neither has stopped me from wearing it on every ride/run, however. 1. The two vertical stitching lines that border the left and right edges of the vertical pockets on the back of the shirt are bulky. 2. The middle pocket is positioned too high. The description for this top says "you may need help to access this pocket or require more flexibility". I don't have enough flexibility in my arms/shoulders and timing access to this pocket at an aid station is inefficient during a long triathlon. The opening of the middle pocket could be cut/lowered by one inches without affecting the storage capabilities of the pocket. The position of the pocket could be lowered by one inch as well so that the bottom of the middle pocket is just above the opening of the lower pocket (or reduce the vertical size of the lower pocket by an inch).
First Impressions: Very comfortable fit, close fitting but not compressive so it is easy to get on and off. I'm 5'11" 145 lbs and the medium fits well. Skin Coolers work best when it is dry and windy, and this morning It was very humid and calm so I'm not sure how well it was able to keep me cooler, but it did a good job of pulling perspiration off of my skin, as the shirt was soaked after my 50 minute run. The big plus is the comfort of the shirt, which is not always true for synthetic garments. If it works well after a few more runs I'll definitely buy more, as I can see this as my go to shirts for Arkansas summers.
Just as good as its long sleeved twin. Works great as a running and cycling top in hot weather (dry or humid) and as baselayer under a cycling jersey on cooler days. I use it in temps from the low sixies and up, and it really shines in hot/ humid conditions. Also like the snug, but non compressing fit. Will I buy again? You bet.
MEN'S SIZING INFORMATION IMPERIAL/METRIC
|X-Small||< 5'6" in / <168 cm||135 lbs / 61 kg||22”-24” in / 56-61 cm||< 37” in / < 94 cm|
|Small||5’6”-5’8” in / 168-173 cm||145 lbs / 66 kg||24”-27” in / 61-69 cm||37”-39” in / 94-99 cm||< 34" in / < 86 cm|
|Medium||5'9" in / 175-180 cm||165 lbs / 75 kg||27”-32” in / 69-81 cm||39”-42” in / 99-107 cm||34"-38" in / 86-96 cm|
|Large||6'0" in / 183-188 cm||195 lbs / 88 kg||32”-35” in / 81-89 cm||42”-45” in / 107-114 cm||38"-42" in / 96-106 cm|
|X-Large||6'2" in / 191-196 cm||215 lbs / 98 kg||35”-41” in / 89-104 cm||45”-48” in / 114-122 cm||42"-47" in / 106-119 cm|
|XX-Large||6'5" in / 197 cm+||235 lbs / 107 kg||42” in + / 105 cm +||49” in + / 123 cm +||48" in + / 121 cm +|
The size chart above should serve as a general guide. If you would like assistance in determining the proper size, please send the following information to email@example.com.